Berklee Shares – Free music lessons
carolj.net – Online education resource
Choral Public Domain Libary — Choral Wiki
Composers Offering MIDI Files on the Net
Create Digital Music
Dolphin Don’s Home Page
Dallas Symphony Orchestra for Kids
Elementary Education Resources: Music
Elementary Music Education – Music You Can Read Page
Home – Music Education Magic
Instrumental Music Resource Page
Internet Public Library – Music History
In Tune Monthly
Kelly’s Music & Computers – Technology in Education
Music Creativity Through Technology
Music Ed Technology Links
Music Tech for ME – Keith Mason
Electronic Musician Magazine
Mus Tech – Joe Pisano
Music Graphics GalorMusic Tech Teacher – Karen Garrett
Music Tech – James Frankel
Music Tech Teacher
New York Philharmonic Kid zone
Online Practice Record
Phil Tulga Music Activities
San Francisco Symphony Orchestra for Kids
Teaching with Electronic Technology
The Lesson RoomTom Rudolph Teaching Music w/ Techology
Web Delivery of Music Instruction
YouTube Historically-Significant Art (Classical) Music
YouTube Historically-Significant Jazz Artist Search
YouTube Motown Music Basic Playlist
YouTube Disco Music Basic Playlist
YouTube Soul Music Basic Playlist
Technology Institute for Music Educators – TI:ME
Tritone Corporation – Online Music Education : Home
Vermont MIDI Project
Welcome to SupportMusic.com
VH1 Save The Music
Association for Technology in Music Instruction
Content Area Summaries
Electronic Musical Instruments
- Operate electronic instruments
- Understand their unique characteristics.
- Use them in the classroom.
- Connect instruments to computers and other instruments using MIDI
- Create layered and split keyboard sounds for performances.
- Choose and edit sounds from stored libraries
- Create sounds using an electronic instrument.
- Create simple to complex musical pieces.
- Teach dexterity and technique.
- Teach musical processes with electronic keyboards.
- Integrate electronic instruments into existing ensembles
- Create entirely new electronic ensembles.
- Operate sound reinforcement equipment
- Set up and connect a variety of electronic instruments for use in concerts in the school environment.
- Record and edit music using music production software and hardware
- Understand the various processes and procedures used for recording and editing music including sequencing, looping, signal processing, and sound design
- Understand the types of data involved in music production.
- Store and convert digital audio data
- Store and convert MIDI data
- Understanding the different applications and capabilities of audio and MIDI data
- Use software synthesizers to create digital audio under MIDI control
- Actively apply technology tools in the music production process.
- Enter notes in a MIDI sequence either one at time (step-time) or by performing (real-time).
- Enter musical expressions by changing controller values to produce a more musical performance.
- Integrate digital audio with MIDI data in the sequencer environment.
- Demonstrate orchestration and arranging techniques allowing students to immediately hear the example.
- Change tempos, transposition, timbre, and dynamics
- Teach musical concepts using music production software and hardware
- Teach performance on traditional acoustic instruments using the MIDI sequencer as accompaniment
- How to access music data in loop form
- How these loops are imported into the production process
- How to guide students in the crafting of musical phrases using loops
- How to put all of this into the larger context of music production processes.
- Expose students to music of different cultures
- Understand the building blocks of musical style and form through the use of looping tools.
- Understand sound, and how various signal processing techniques can be used to enhance audio in the production process.
- Add effects such as reverb, chorus, and echo.
- Improve clarity of a mix using equalization.
- Use music productions in live performance
- Use music production techniques to and for improving the sound quality in recordings of student performances.
Music Notation Software
- Create a score for any musical ensemble or instrument
- Enter notes using various approaches including typing, point and click, step entry, and real-time entry.
- Edited scores
- Transpose songs
- Cut, copy, and paste music
- Add expression markings
- Layout a complete musical score
- Extract parts
- Demonstrate relationships between symbol and sound.
- Guide students in the use of notation software as a creative tool for composition.
- Guide students in learning the basics of notation
- Understand basic multimedia authoring strategies including slide show presentations, electronic portfolios, and/or internet web sites.
- Create materials for use in their classes.
- Guide their students in learning multimedia authoring
- Guide students in collecting multimedia materials from Internet
Productivity Tools, Classroom and Lab Management
- Create, edit, and store information or data in digital form.
- Take data from one program to another converting file formats as needed.
- Understand the basic functionality of the personal computer, the various input and output peripherals, and the variety of media used to store, transport, and retrieve information.