News feeds from notable sources in the community
Music Education and Technology applying technology and instructional strategy to music learning
- A beginner's guide to setting up a home studio for recording vocals: Microphonesby Sam Anderson on July 24, 2022 at 2:42 am
If you wish to set up a home studio for your vocal recording needs, the most preferred way to do the same is by starting small and expanding over …
- Piano Trainer - Memorize piano scales and chords with ease | Product Huntby Zane Helton on July 14, 2022 at 3:25 am
Learn the piano at your own pace using your MIDI keyboard Quiz mode will test your knowledge on the circle of fifths and your key recognition. …
- 5 Best Practices for Composing Production Music with Authentic Emotionby Sam Wale on July 14, 2022 at 3:24 am
The message comes in at half past nine. It’s a trailer editor looking for music, and she has a reference track. “We love the sound of this. We love …
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Upgrade From GarageBand to Logic Pro Xby Garling Wu on July 10, 2022 at 5:21 am
Logic Pro X has a host of features that make it superior to GarageBand, but is the price tag worth it? Here's why we think it is. Many people …
- The 5 pieces of kit every hardware musician needs, according to an expertby In Association with Reverb on July 4, 2022 at 3:31 pm
So you've been creating tracks on your laptop for a while, but you're wondering what all the fuss is about with music production hardware? Well, fear …
Music Education Works Collecting, summarising and sharing evidence of the impact of music education
- MUSIC FOR EDUCATION AND WELLBEING PODCAST – WITH PENNY OSMOND, WORKSHOP AND CHOIR LEADERby anitanee on July 29, 2022 at 9:17 am
Anita Holford, co-editor of Music Education Works, talks with Penny Osmond, workshop and choir leader, on how singing and songwriting can help new mums experiencing mental health problems.
- MUSIC FOR EDUCATION AND WELLBEING PODCAST – WITH EMMA SUPICA FROM ARTIPHONby anitanee on July 28, 2022 at 7:12 am
Anita Holford, co-editor of Music Education Works, talks with Emma Supica from Artiphon, a music tech company that creates new instruments to enable everyone to be creative.
- Music, behaviour and co-regulation in early years￼by anitanee on July 11, 2022 at 4:35 pm
Charlie Swan, an Early Years and Special Needs Teacher, presents literature outlining how music can help with behaviour and co-regulation of children in the early years phase of education.
- Advocacy – music in schools latest news & campaignsby anitanee on June 30, 2022 at 3:29 pm
[LATEST UPDATE: 8/8/2022] This post featuring the latest news and reports on music education and music education advocacy will be updated each time we add news and campaigns about music in schools. Please comment below if there's anything you think we need to add.
- Music for Education and Wellbeing Podcast – with Mark Robinson from Rocksteady Music Schoolby anitanee on May 6, 2022 at 2:59 pm
Anita Holford, co-editor of Music Education Works, talks with Mark Robinson, the founder of Rocksteady Music School, which brings in-school rock band lessons to primary schools across the UK.
The Association for Popular Music Education Promoting and advancing popular music at all levels of education.
- Music Production: Four Ways to Bring it to Your School Nowby rsanguinetti on August 8, 2022 at 11:52 am
Portions of this article were originally published by the Massachusetts Music Education Association. Republished with permission. Music production presents an incredible opportunity to breathe new life into music programs and STEM programs alike. One of the most obvious benefits of teaching music production is fostering high student engagement. Given that teenagers are avid consumers of... The post Music Production: Four Ways to Bring it to Your School Now appeared first on The Association for Popular Music Education.
- Social Emotional Learning in the Music Tech Classroomby Meaghan O’Connor-Vince on August 8, 2022 at 11:08 am
At this point, it is an overstated, but perhaps not quite well enough understood, truism that every teacher across the country has been affected by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Perhaps this is none more true than for music teachers. We’ve changed what we teach and how we teach to engage our students in an unknown virtual... The post Social Emotional Learning in the Music Tech Classroom appeared first on The Association for Popular Music Education.
- Informal Music Learning + Orff Schulwerk: Developing Lifelong Musicianshipby David Dockan on July 16, 2022 at 1:28 pm
One of my goals as an educator is for my students to feel empowered to create and interact with music outside of my classroom. For this to happen, students need developed aural skills and comfortability with creativity. Rock musicians (Green, 2016) and hip-hop artists (Kruse, 2018) generally learn and create through an informal music learning... The post Informal Music Learning + Orff Schulwerk: Developing Lifelong Musicianship appeared first on The Association for Popular Music Education.
- An Overview of the Greatest Thrash Metal Guitarists’ Lead Manners; Jeff Hanneman and Marty Friedmanby Amir Dawarzani on May 5, 2022 at 2:11 am
This is an overview of the lead manners of two great guitarists, neither of whom are currently active in the thrash metal genre. Friedman split from Megadeth in 2000, and Jeff Hanneman died in 2013. However, their precious legacy will remain forever. Marty Friedman Friedman follows a classical style in thrash metal. He was adept... The post An Overview of the Greatest Thrash Metal Guitarists’ Lead Manners; Jeff Hanneman and Marty Friedman appeared first on The Association for Popular Music Education.
- Songwriting as a Safe Space for Releasing Anxietyby Naomi Sky on May 5, 2022 at 2:08 am
I was introduced to music early on in my life. My parents took me to “Mommy & Me” music classes as a baby, my dad plays the piano at home, and my mom sings around the house when she’s in a great mood. Even with joyous memories like these, I never predicted how big of... The post Songwriting as a Safe Space for Releasing Anxiety appeared first on The Association for Popular Music Education.
News Archive - AES Audio Engineering Society
- AES 2022 Elections Resultsby Frank Wells on August 1, 2022 at 7:00 pm
The Society’s membership has elected Leslie Gaston-Bird, as President-Elect. The post AES 2022 Elections Results appeared first on AES.
- Keynotes and Program Announced for AVAR 2022: AES International Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Realityby Corey Walthall on July 29, 2022 at 5:08 pm
— The AES’s fourth International AVAR Conference will feature keynotes from representatives of Sennheiser, Brandenburg Labs and Hear XR, as well as presentations from leading researchers and industry experts — The latest in AES’s series of International Conferences on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality (AVAR) is to be held August 15 – 17 at… Continue reading Keynotes and Program Announced for AVAR 2022: AES International Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality The post Keynotes and Program Announced for AVAR 2022: AES International Conference on Audio for Virtual and Augmented Reality appeared first on AES.
- AES New York 2022 Convention Registration Now Open – Join the Audio Industry in New York this Octoberby Corey Walthall on June 16, 2022 at 3:50 pm
The Audio Engineering Society returns to in-person U.S. Convention The post AES New York 2022 Convention Registration Now Open – Join the Audio Industry in New York this October appeared first on AES.
- The AES Heads for Detroit for the 2022 International Automotive Audio Conference, June 8 – 10by Corey Walthall on May 24, 2022 at 8:12 pm
Latest AES Automotive Audio Conference to offer Keynotes, Research Paper Sessions, Tutorials, Panel Discussions, AES Audio Product Education Institute Presentations and more The post The AES Heads for Detroit for the 2022 International Automotive Audio Conference, June 8 – 10 appeared first on AES.
- AES Educational Foundation 2022 Deadline for Scholarships and Grants Coming Up May 15by Corey Walthall on May 9, 2022 at 9:06 pm
AES Student Members are eligible to apply for a variety of grants to boost their audio education and career through sponsored offerings from AES supporters The post AES Educational Foundation 2022 Deadline for Scholarships and Grants Coming Up May 15 appeared first on AES.