Youth Enrichment Instructor – Safe N' Sound YMCA Before & After-school Programs – YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago – Naperville, IL
YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Full Job Description
Safe N’ Sound YMCA Before & After-school programs located in Naperville and Aurora are hiring multiple Youth Enrichment Instructors for the Fall 2021 school year
Earn a $300 signing bonus 30 days after your start date as an active Y employee!
Join Us and help lead our future to greatness!
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of youth and families in your community. Discover more than a job—enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our before and after-school programs create a child-centered environment that promotes learning, character development, healthy living and positive, nurturing relationships.
The Safe N’ Sound Before & After-school program offers services in 20+ different locations throughout Naperville & Aurora.
As a Youth Enrichment Instructor (YEI) you will implement and adapt a wide variety of enrichment activities for grades K-8 in a before or after school program setting. The YEI plays a key role in ensuring that program participants have a safe, supportive, interactive and enriching program experience while ensuring the safety and security of all program participants.
With a commitment to meeting accreditation standards and extensive training and development in research-based practices, you’ll also learn and grow and positively impact our children, families and communities.
- Create a safe, supportive, interactive and engaging environment for youth that is characterized by teamwork, camaraderie and inclusiveness. This includes demonstrating an appreciation of the youths’ efforts and accomplishments and providing assistance and encouragement to program participants when needed.
- Provide effective supervision of youth that is age-appropriate, considers diverse abilities and interests and meets program quality, safety and policy requirements.
- Positively interacts with youth, parents/guardians and other team members to create a respectful, warm, supportive environment. Models self-control, respect and cooperation to teens and other team members. Utilizes youth arrival/departure ensure to share information with parents/guardians and to build relationships.
- Prepares lesson plans on a daily and/or weekly basis outlining program activities, ensures materials and supplies are available and ready for daily program activities, and ensures all program areas and supplies are clean and well maintained regularly.
- Maintains accurate attendance, instructional and other records as necessary to meet program requirements.
- Participates in team meetings and other special events
Requirements & Preferred Qualifications for this position are:
- Must be at least 19 years of age and/or 5 years older than the oldest child that participates in the program and meet program requirements for education and/or credentials.
- S. Diploma or GED along with related college coursework and/or equivalent experience in: child care, education, recreation or related program. Additional educational or experience requirements may be required based on program license requirements.
- Must have the proven ability to establish constructive relationships and interact as a positive role model for youth and staff demonstrating the values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty.
- Commitment to and passion for the YMCA of Metro Chicago’s mission is required including a passion for working with diverse youth.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor communication to multiple audiences.
- Meets physical qualifications required as outlined in job description.
- The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
YMCA Vaccine Policy
We’re committed to the health and wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than October 15, 2021 or your start date, whichever occurs later, unless an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.
Child Abuse Prevention: Support the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Be a part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment and energy of our instructors and other team members to help us achieve our mission one child, one family, and one team member at a time.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Youth+Enrichment+Instructor&c=YMCA+of+Metropolitan+Chicago&l=Naperville%2C+IL&jk=5ed04c32cf813f9e&rtk=1fs9amid12v88000&from=rss→