Technical Sound Designer – PitStop Productions – Barnsley
Technical Sound Designer
PitStop Productions are looking for a Full Time Technical Sound Designer to join our 30+ audio team.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is thoroughly dedicated to their art, loves working with fellow audio professionals and has a desire to influence, create, and manage AAA audio in games.
Over the past 25 years, PitStop has grown its reputation and team, making us renowned for delivering reliably high-quality work.
You will be given responsibility for your own project as well as having the opportunity to technically and creatively contribute to the many others we currently have in production.
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary, as well as excellent holiday entitlement and a range of additional benefits.
Why work for PitStop
- PitStop is an independent audio production team running multiple worldwide audio projects. We encourage collaborative working and sharing of skillsets
- We have a friendly and supportive team, who have built up a culture of really looking out for each other
- This position gives the opportunity to widen and vary your technical audio skills, and add a great range of titles to your CV
- Your path is unlimited! The possibilities to advance and further your career are a certainty if you are passionate about game audio and love being part of a creative and technical team
- You will have the freedom and security to fulfil your true potential
- Our location is ideal for either city or country lifestyles
- Implement a wide range of high-quality sound effects, taking ownership of the technical requirements for any given project
- Understand the needs of the project to plan and execute high quality sound design throughout development – Utilising your experience to guide and inspire other members of the audio team
- Problem solve and devise creative solutions to the complex challenges which can arise within interactive audio
- Creative use of spatial audio to set up realistic and convincing sounding audio within a game environment
- Undertake advanced profiling and performance optimisation
- Supporting on bug fixing and investigation
- Ensure a workable balance between creative demands and time management, creating bespoke workflows as necessary
- With the support of the production coordinator, helping share workloads with other members of the team
- Maintain frequent and effective communication with the client, proactively chasing the next steps / milestones / feedback / overall timelines, managing expectations
What Skills Do We Need
- An in-depth understanding of commercial or proprietary game engines and audio middleware such as; Wwise, FMOD, UE4 and Unity etc…
- Visual scripting experience, such as creating and using blueprints
- Ability to describe technical behaviour and problems when communicating with code/design/animation teams
- Advanced implementation practises such as using state changes to affect the wider audio / mix
- Designing and implementing bespoke interactive audio systems
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills with a positive team attitude
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, especially when planning and tracking the project / assets / status
- Knowledge and experience of using industry standard DAWs and audio editing tools
- Experience in the games industry – Full cycle development or experience working on multiple titles
- Experience with software and tool development
- Strong creative sound design skills
- Broad knowledge of studio and field recording techniques
- Working experience with current gen console development/production
- Mix and balance sound effects with other audio elements such as music and voice
- BA/BSc degree in audio production/sound design or equivalent experience
- Good proficiency in using Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
- Experience in using version control software and VPNs
- Generous holiday allowance
- Relocation package
- Bonus scheme
- Finder’s fee commission on projects
- Enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible working policy including working from home
- Personalised career development
- Company funded social events / nights out / team meals
- Regular games nights / tournaments
- Access to acoustically treated recording studios / creative spaces
- Entry to industry events
- Other benefits packages available to be discussed upon interview
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary depending on their skills and experience.
This position will be held at our studios in Dodworth, Barnsley. Please ensure you are willing to commute or relocate in order to attend the office. During COVID we can accommodate short term working remotely from home.
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and a short covering letter.
We’d also love to hear your portfolio/showreel, as detailed below:
Your showreel should be a short video showcasing amazing examples of audio implementation using middleware. This should show enthusiasm for interesting implementation ideas, with contextual descriptions of what you did for each example.
While an understanding of music is important to us, this position will not involve any composition work. Therefore, only provide music examples if you are showcasing real-time music systems.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barnsley S75 3UB: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (preferred)
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Technical+Sound+Designer&c=PitStop+Productions&l=Barnsley&jk=d94565b2e9bab5dc&rtk=1fs9c5snls7bh800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)