Teacher – Specials (art, music, dance) St. Martini Lutheran School, Milwaukee, WI – St. Martini Lutheran School – Milwaukee, WI
St. Martini Lutheran School
Full Job Description
Our purpose is to provide safe, Christian schools focused on educational success, leadership development and spiritual growth.
LUMIN Schools is a network of high-performing, Christ-centered schools. Each campus has its own teachers and principals. They also have the support of network staff who ensure we are offering the best curriculum, quality meal programs and support services like counseling, social work and special education. Using the power of our network, we are able to meet our scholars’ needs beyond the academic to also include their social, emotional and spiritual needs.
Though we serve elementary and middle school students, we believe it is never too early to start preparing for college and a career. Establishing a college mindset starts in K4, and our focus on career exploration deepens with every grade. When a scholar graduates from a LUMIN School, he/she will know the love of God and be both academically and socially prepared to take the next step toward a successful future.
This position works cooperatively with leadership of the congregation that owns the school (if any), LUMIN’s Board of Directors, school staff, parents and students to help the school accomplish its mission of nurturing and equipping all children in a strong Christian and academic environment to become life-long learners, growing in faith, capable of making responsible decisions, and serving God and the community. The Teacher will conduct student instruction, classroom monitoring, behavior modification, and nurturing of students.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow Christian-based philosophy and principles, plan, prepare and teach the prescribed curriculum for the grade and/or subject areas(s) he or she is teaching.
- Implement, execute, and measure academic success at the classroom level. Assist with the ongoing review and improvement of processes and procedures related to the school. Follow established teaching protocols and programs to ensure consistency among all schools.
- Work cooperatively and interact positively with students, parents, staff and community. Oversee classroom discipline and escalate issues to appropriate personnel, as applicable.
- Work cooperatively and interact positively with students, parents, staff and community.
- High presence and availability to all students, faculty and parents.
- Monitor students during break, lunch and recess.
- Supervise co-curricular activities, as needed.
- Support rotational duties with other teachers such as, but not limited to, before-school supervision, after-school supervision, leading faculty devotions and detention room monitor. Administrative
- Participate and attend school functions and faculty meetings.
- Provide leadership in ensuring a positive and co-operative culture and climate exists within the school.
- Provide structure, directions, and evaluation of Teacher’s Aid (when applicable).
- Prepare for and attend teacher conferences as scheduled, and as needed for individual students.
- Participate in faculty devotions.
- Must believe in Christian-based philosophy and principles and extend those to students and families.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Teacher will obtain Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction certification and maintain certification through required continuing education courses.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a professional manner with a diverse population of children, youth and adults.
- Possess the ability to establish a rapport with youth, parents and other staff, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Experience working in an urban school environment, including general knowledge of issues facing at-risk youth, is desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other disciplines in problem solving.
- Ability to communicate and work in multiple settings and environments.
- Has a personal belief in God’s ability to change lives.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, depending on work task.
- Work will be performed in a school environment.
- Willingness to be outside with students during recess/breaks.
- Clear need to understand and lead efforts in child and school safety.
This position is currently accepting applications.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Teacher&c=St.+Martini+Lutheran+School&l=Milwaukee%2C+WI&jk=1a02029dbee858f0&rtk=1fs97nck6npnm800&from=rss→