Teacher, Orchestra, Job 22-0137 VAR – Mukilteo School District – Edmonds, WA
Mukilteo School District
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $44.4K – $56.2K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Edmonds, WA.
Full Job Description
APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: Mukilteo School District Equity Commitment
The Mukilteo School District is committed to eliminating racism, inequities for students, and institutional bias in order to ensure all of our students reach their full potential. Prospective employees of the District will be expected to share in this focus and commitment, and therefore are required to respond to the following:
Write a one-page summary of your work and life experiences that position you to be successful in this District commitment and be prepared to upload your summary when you apply.
This is a 0.067 FTE Orchestra teaching position at Serene Lake Elementary and Picnic Point Elementary. The anticipated schedule is from 7:40 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays during the school year.
Minimum Qualifications: Valid Washington State teaching certificate with an endorsement to teach orchestra.
Pursuant to Washington law, you must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire. Please do not submit proof of vaccination with your application materials.
JOB TITLE: ELEMENTARY TEACHER
JOB SUMMARY: Plan, prepare and deliver a quality instructional program based upon state
standards, district curriculum, and effective instruction to students with diverse learning needs.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Plan and provide clear and intentional focused instruction using state standards, subject matter content, district curriculum and student needs.
- Recognize individual student learning needs and develop strategies to address those needs for the purpose of promoting individual achievement.
- Implement effective teaching practices for the purpose of facilitating achievement for each student.
- Use multiple student data elements for the purpose of assessing student progress, modifying instruction, and improving student learning.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents and school community for the purpose of fostering student success and achievement.
- Foster and manage a safe, positive learning environment for the purpose of promoting effective student behavior and success.
- Maintain and submit information/records including student progress.
- Participate in various meetings for the purpose of implementing school initiatives and addressing student needs.
- Direct the work of assigned classified staff.
- Implement and comply with District policies and the Code of Professional Conduct.
- Maintain consistent attendance and conform to regular work hours specified under contract.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
JOB REQUIREMENTS; MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
- Knowledge of applicable Washington State and federal rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of subject matter/course content relevant to assignment.
- Knowledge of and skills in using effective instructional strategies and practices.
- Knowledge of and skills in using various formative and summative assessments.
- Ability to effectively address a wide range of academic and social needs including at-risk, cultural diversity, English language learners, and special education students.
- Skills in effective planning and implementation of lessons based upon state standards, district curriculum and student needs.
- Skills in managing and promoting positive student behavior.
- Knowledge and understanding of elementary school philosophy.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse learners providing access and opportunities for all students.
- Ability to effectively meet developmental needs of elementary school students.
- Ability to interact and collaborate positively and effectively with parents, students, staff and administrators.
- Skills in and ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Skills and abilities in organization, time management, and record keeping.
- Ability to operate technology devices and specific software programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and commitment to strengthen job-related competencies.
- Valid Washington State certification with appropriate endorsement(s).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Second language or language acquisition background, preferred.
- Student cultural and economic diversity experience, preferred.
- Additional endorsements in ELL, special education and/or reading, preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: ELEMENTARY TEACHER
1% – 33%
34% – 65%
66% – 100%
Field of Vision
Mukilteo School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator Simone Neal (425-356-1319), NealSR@mukilteo.wednet.edu, Section 504 Coordinator Lisa Pitsch (425-356-1277), PitschLA@mukilteo.wednet.edu, and the ADA/Access Coordinator Karen Mooseker (425-356-1330), MoosekerKW@mukilteo.wednet.edu. Address: 9401 Sharon Drive in Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access issues at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center should be directed to Wes Allen, Director (425-348-2220) AllenWR@mukilteo.wednet.edu. Address: 9001 Airport Road in Everett, WA 98204.
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Teacher&c=Mukilteo+School+District&l=Edmonds%2C+WA&jk=b6a67c9f459dff6f&rtk=1g8jtjn4ki41e800&from=rss→