Sound Designer – Ubisoft – Cary, NC
Full Job Description
Ubisoft is one of the world’s biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six…
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
Red Storm Entertainment is looking to hire a full-time Sound Designer to join our award-winning sound team!
At Red Storm, you will work closely with the audio team to create, implement, and debug sound design assets. The ideal candidate is extremely experienced working with audio middleware such as Wwise, as well as node-based scripting tools and thrives on creating unique sounds to bring our game worlds to life through the power of audio.
If you are up to the challenge, come join the creators of Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and The Division as we embark on our next exciting game!
- Record and edit sound effects to utilize across all aspects of our games.
- Implement high-quality audio assets within various game engines and pipelines.
- Collaborate with audio team members to conceptualize sound design that enhances gameplay and immersion.
- Work closely with various non-audio teams (art, design, engineering, etc.) to realize and support the audio vision across disciplines.
- Manage and maintain Wwise project organization and structures.
- Work with audio programmers and technical sound designers to develop new audio features.
- Troubleshoot and debug sound design content and game systems.
- Maintain an overall awareness of in-game sound behavior.
- 2+ years of professional sound design experience in the video game industry.
- At least one previously published and credited AAA title.
- Highly proficient with Audiokinetic Wwise middleware.
- Highly proficient with modern audio software tools (Pro Tools, Reaper, various plugins).
- Proficient in recording, editing, and mixing sound design content.
- Experience in field recording, with strong knowledge of studio audio hardware and recording techniques.
- Experience with node-based scripting tools and workflows.
- Experience in creating ambiance and environmental audio content is a plus.
- Experience in recording and editing Foley assets is a plus.
- A weblink demo reel is required for consideration, (i.e., Youtube, Vimeo, etc.)
A sound test will be administered as part of the hiring process
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Sound+Designer&c=Ubisoft&l=Cary%2C+NC&jk=ccc73ebee115d83e&rtk=1fs9biq5onpmg800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)