Sound Designer – Sumo Digital Ltd – Sheffield
Sumo Digital Ltd
With a rich history of developing multiple AAA franchises such as Little Big Planet and Crackdown, as well as contributing to genre-defining titles like the Forza Motorsport and Hitman series, Sumo Sheffield’s vast development experience spans multiple genres and platforms.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
The team have a track record of working on some of the world’s biggest and best games and received two BAFTAs for their work on Sackboy: A Big Adventure. As the scale and exclusivity of projects continues to grow, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Sumo Sheffield family!
The role @ Sumo
We are seeking a talented Sound Designer to join our growing team and help create incredible games!
You will be using our leading-edge facilities to create and implement sound effects in our most exciting projects yet! Working alongside our design, art and code teams you will create and integrate audio as a central pillar of our games. You will take responsibility for driving quality throughout, with involvement in every aspect of audio development from concepting through to final mix.
We are passionate about all aspects of audio and this is a great opportunity for a talented designer who shares that passion and wants to be part of this exciting studio’s future.
Within this role you will:
- Create AAA standard, original SFX using a range of sound design methods and techniques
- Have an in-depth understanding of Wwise middleware
- Represent audio interests within cross-discipline feature groups
- Work closely with our talented audio team to deliver AAA audio for our games
We need you to have experience with:
- Full cycle work experience as an Audio Designer on at least 2 shipped AAA titles
- Demonstrable sound design skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Advanced working knowledge of Wwise middleware
- Good knowledge of field and studio recording
- Familiarity with Foley recording and application.
- Experience in working with sound to picture.
- Able to take and act on feedback and direction.
It would also be great if you have experience with:
- Working experience with current gen console development/production
- Experienced Reaper user
- Comfortable running dialogue sessions
- Experienced in multichannel sound design
- An understanding of current developments in interactive audio
- Working experience of creating UE4 Blueprints or similar visual scripting
What We Offer:
- Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
- Electric Car Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working
- 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday a duvet day and Christmas
- Holiday ‘buy and sell’ scheme
- 5 Paid Learning Days, including 1 volunteer day per year
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses, The Gnomen Workshop, GDC Vault and more
- Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
- Free Life Assurance – 4x Salary
- Free Income Protection Scheme -up to 75%
- Free Dental Insurance
- Supportive Employee Assistance Programme with confidential 24/7/365 helpline & app
- Access remote GP, Mental Health, Physio appointments & medical second opinions
- Additional flexible benefits scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Mental Health First Aiders
- Payroll Giving Scheme
- Game & Book Libraries
- Long service & project completion awards
- Wrap Parties
- Alternative Travel Prize Draw
- The Sumo GameJam
- Great family events
- Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
- Life Drawing
- Yoga Classes
- Free fruit and drinks
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Development
- Relocation Support to the UK
- Visa Sponsorship
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Sheffield
Sumo Sheffield is located just outside the city centre in Sumo Digital’s HQ, just off J34 on the M1 and a stone’s throw from the city’s primary shopping and leisure complex. With a multi-building campus comprised of industry-leading facilities, an onsite gym and subsidised canteen, Sumo Sheffield provides everything needed for all teams to create the world’s best games.
Sheffield is the fifth largest city in the UK and is easily accessible by road and rail from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. The city enjoys a wealth of facilities to suit a wide array of interests, including:
o World-class sports facilities
o Iconic theatres and galleries
o Multiple retail and shopping experiences
o Diverse and renowned restaurants and eateries
o The award-winning National Video Game Museum
More about Sumo Digital
Sumo Digital is an award-winning international family of studios. Recent releases from Sumo Digital studios include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Sound+Designer&c=Sumo+Digital&l=Sheffield&jk=a36b290e9352abfa&rtk=1fs9c5snls7bh800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)