Senior Sound Designer (Award-winning Audio team) – Supermassive Games – Guildford
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Audio Designer to work in house within the award-winning Audio team on our AAA horror titles. The team is welcoming and well-established with great opportunities for ownership and personal development
If you understand the importance of delivering visceral audio engagement through emotionally driven sound design with subtle detail to enhance a player’s immersion and have a desire for excellence, then we would very much like to hear from you.
The role requires an excellent ear for well-crafted cinematic hyperrealism, intuitive mentoring abilities and a strong desire to create incredible, innovative audio experiences.
The successful candidate will need experience in all phases of audio design and production, with high proficiency in core skills of sound design, sound effects and Foley, with music editing a bonus.
The position is based in our Studio in Guildford and is available as a permanent or 6 Months Fixed term/Freelance Contract.
- Concept, create and integrate narrative-enhancing, immersive sound design
- Own, and deliver to quality, large areas of the project’s audio experience with little direction
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Game Director to help define and realise the project audio direction
- Mentoring mid and junior audio designers and sharing knowledge with the rest of the audio team.
Key Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience in game/film sound design, ideally in AAA
- Wide experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines, and technology
- Strong communication skills
- At least one full game cycle leading, supporting, and mentoring multiple team members
- High proficiency with Wwise
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs, sample editors and plugins
- Broad experience with abstract sound design, cinematic SFX and immersive character sound (dialogues and foley)
- Solid recording skills for SFX and Foley in studio and external environments
- Good understanding of music theory and music editing experience
- Working closely with other disciplines on the team to improve workflows and achieve the vision for the game.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Unreal Engine 4
- Additional film / linear post-production skills
- Good understanding of music theory and music editing experience beneficial
- Understanding of simple coding techniques.
- Experience leading and supporting a team of audio designers to deliver high quality in an efficient manner.
The candidate should have:
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A growth mentality with desire to learn and improve on their skillset
- A natural ability to mentor, manage and share knowledge.
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Creative and innovative.
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
Why Join us?
- We make big games with small teams – you will play a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Quarterly profit-related bonus scheme for all staff
- Social events – including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge – making innovative and immersive game
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Sound+Designer&c=Supermassive+Games&l=Guildford&jk=c6724a99f79f3304&rtk=1fs9c5snls7bh800&from=rss→