Senior Podcast Producer (Contract) – Boston Globe Media Partners – Boston, MA
Boston Globe Media Partners
Full Job Description
The Boston Globe’s growing audio unit has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned producer. This person will collaborate with members of an investigative team to create a compelling, marquee podcast in collaboration with another major media company.
- Manage production workflow, schedule, and media assets
- Help establish editorial vision and structure for series, alongside project editor and reporters
- Run editorial meetings alongside project editor and serve as primary contact for associate producer
- Produce, direct, and record in-person and remote interviews in studio and in the field
- Book and pre-interview podcast guests/sources and arrange tape syncs as necessary
- Coach show host(s) on tracking and interviewing
- Contribute reporting and primary research as necessary
- Write, edit, and workshop scripts alongside project editor and reporters
- Assemble podcast episodes in DAW, preferably Adobe Audition
- Serve as primary contact for mixing/mastering engineer and sound designer on episode cuts and final deliverables
- Work closely with outside production and/or ad and distribution partners as necessary
- Oversee team edits/reviews, uploads, and final QC of all episodes
- Ensure guest consent forms are signed and collected
- Oversee recording, producing, and trafficking of potential sponsor and house ad spots
- Assist as necessary with show promotion, newsletter copy, social media demands, and creative assets
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
This is a contract position of 12 months with possibility of extension.
BGMP will require that all employees, including temporary employees, co-ops, and interns, regardless of work location, provide the company Human Resources team with proof of vaccination status through the secure system that will be provided for these purposes. For those who are not vaccinated for company-approved and verified medical and/or religious reasons, that same system will also allow you to upload required weekly COVID test results. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Podcast+Producer&c=Boston+Globe+Media+Partners&l=Boston%2C+MA&jk=d763e2d0df5865a4&rtk=1fs9biq5onpmg800&from=rss→