Rock and Pop Music Teacher – Basildon
Rocksteady Music School
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Salary: £21K per annum with the potential to progress up to £25K per annum
Holiday: 12 weeks paid holiday a year
No teaching experience required – full training provided
Are you an enthusiastic, experienced musician looking for a full-time permanent role in music? Do you crave a rewarding career that you could fall in love with which also leaves you time to dedicate to your own musical projects? Can you picture yourself working with a motivated, passionate team dedicated to a different approach to teaching music education that is inclusive and fun? Have you always dreamed of being a music teacher!? We may have just the role for you….!
Join one of the world’s leading Rock Schools where we have been delivering inspiring music lessons for over a decade by sending passionate musicians into primary schools to teach children how to perform in a band.
We’ve built a strong and supportive company culture where everyone truly believes in the product and is dedicated to its success and the experience for the children.
- To be a passionate and inspiring music teacher who will deliver rock and pop music lessons taught in a band setting, combining our unique and forward-thinking teaching method together with your exceptional ability to engage others.
- Working across 10 schools a week in your area to support the musical progression and personal development of children aged 4-11, whilst creating strong working relationships with all staff across your schools.
- Offering children their first opportunity of playing an instrument to develop their confidence, resilience and social skills through performing in a band.
- Being a rock star role model, empowering and supporting children during their first live performances and beyond
- Completing daily admin tasks and maintaining high levels of communication and customer service with all parents and schools.
- Reaching and empowering as many children as you can by proactively offering free lessons to children in spare instrument slots.
Skills and Experience
- Be a multi-instrumentalist – competent on at least 2 of: drums, guitar, keyboard and vocals.
- Be passionate about teaching – experience is preferred, but it’s not a requirement (we provide training).
- Excellent communication and social abilities with both children and adults.
- Be outgoing, confident, and approachable with high energy, interpersonal skills and enthusiasm.
- Be a strong independent worker with good time management skills.
- Have excellent administration/IT skills and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and resilience.
We ensure you work in an environment where staff are motivated and passionate about the work they are doing, fully supported by our surrounding team. We offer you the opportunity to grow and develop with the business and provide training in our teaching methodologies.
- Full-time salary position.
- Monday – Friday daytime only.
- 12 weeks paid holiday per year.
- Company performance based rewards.
- A role where your hard work creates a positive difference to the children you are nurturing each week at a defining point in their lives.
- A positive and welcoming work environment with celebratory staff away-days, Christmas parties and opportunities to socialise with other like-minded musicians.
- Opportunities to work with the Rocksteady Foundation, reaching children who would benefit from our service including charities, hospices and other organisations.
Rocksteady’s mission is to empower as many children as possible. Everything that you do in this role is connected to this mission. You can go to work happy in the knowledge that you are part of a music project that is creating opportunities every day for young people to build their confidence through exploring their creativity.
Rocksteady Music School is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the fair treatment of staff, potential staff, and of our services, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability, or offending background. Due to the nature of the position, any offer of employment for this role will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
If this sounds like a position that would excite you, please complete our online application form below
Need more time to fill out the application? Use the button at the bottom and email yourself the link.
To find out more about Rocksteady, check out our website
View our for details on how we manage your personal data.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Location (City) *
Drop files here
Drop files here
First line of your address *
Post Code *
Do you have a Full UK Drivers Licence? *
This is an essential requirement of the role
Do you have a car? *
Are you willing to relocate for the job? Please note, this means to move location, NOT commute further. *
If Yes, please complete the box below
Area/Location(s) you would be willing to relocate to
Do you have any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013)? *
Rocksteady are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. A DBS check is currently proportionate and relevant to this role at Rocksteady. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 you must disclose any unprotected spent and unspent convictions, cautions reprimands and warnings. If after the interview stages it is decided to offer you the post a check will be undertaken with the DBS prior to confirmation of your appointment. Failure to disclose information is an offence and will result in dismissal from the role. It may also result in referral to the police.
Yes (please provide details below)
Details of conviction
Current Salary *
Please let us know your current notice period *
What are your reasons for wanting to leave your current job? *
Which of these statements best describes your ability on drums? *
Which of these statements best describes your ability on guitar? *
Which of these statements best describes your ability on keyboard? *
Which of these statements best describes your ability on vocals? *
Describe what experience and skills you have that you feel are particularly applicable for the role you are applying for *
Describe a time where you have helped or inspired others *
Describe a time when you’ve gone above and beyond expectations at work *
Explain in your own words why you feel a career with Rocksteady is right for you *
Please tell us where you heard about the job *
Please give more information if you have selected ‘other’ or ‘Staff Referral’ in the field above
Feel free to paste a URL link of yourself or your band playing to support your application.
Please let us know if there is anything else you feel you want to share with us regarding your application