Recreation Program Instructor – Enrichment (Arts, Music & Dance) – City of Sun Prairie – Sun Prairie, WI
City of Sun Prairie
$10 – $20 an hour
Full Job Description
Under the leadership of the Recreation Program Specialist, this position implements program-specific curriculum and leads/facilitates youth enrichment programs. Assigned programs will depend on scheduling needs and employee experience and may include: arts, music, dance, etc.
Dates and hours needed:
Summer months with the possibility of continuing into the fall season and beyond. Schedule varies based on program needs and applicant’s availability and qualifications. Option to work multiple programs for 20+ hours/week.
Starting wage – $10.00 -$20.00 per hour based on experience and qualifications:
- *Typically, an applicant with a high school diploma and some experience working with youth in a program setting will start at a minimum rate of $15/hr. High school students are generally hired between $10-$12/hr. The position qualifies for $.50 increases annually.
Essential Job Functions
Major Duties/Essential Functions
- Lead, demonstrate and instruct participants in recreation programs and activities.
- Provide an interactive, positive, fun, and safe environment for the participants while effectively teaching provided lesson plans
- Assist in the development of program curriculum and lesson plans
- Supervise all participants
- Listen, respond and answer questions and concerns from parents and participants
- Provide clear communication to and from the coordinator, participants, and parents
- Provide direction and support for Program Assistant(s)
- Attend all required meetings and training
- Other duties as assigned
- Minor Duties/Responsibilities*
- Assist in setting up and cleaning up the facility/equipment
- Notify coordinator of problems and concerns regarding equipment, facilities, participants, and/or spectators
- Distribute any needed supplies or information to participants/parents
- Complete time card on time and hand into the coordinator
- Arrive on time, dressed appropriately according to the dress code, and ready to interact with coworkers, participants, and parents
Requirements of Work
- Minimum of 1+ years of working with youth/adults in a childcare/recreation setting required
- Previous instruction or coaching experience preferred
- Completed coursework in Early Childhood Education, Elementary or Secondary Education, Recreation or Sports Management or related coursework preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of appropriate classroom management and instruction methods
- Knowledge of standard safety practices
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Ability and willingness to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members, supervisor(s), and the public, and to deal with them in a courteous and tactful manner
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain a safe and positive learning environment
- Ability and willingness to supervise and maintain control of participants in a group and/or 1-on-1 setting
- Ability and willingness to keep accurate records and complete any necessary paperwork
Other Job Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk, hear, read and write. This position frequently requires an employee to walk or bend. He/she may periodically need to reach, stoop, crouch, or kneel. The employee may be asked to clean, pick up, put away, and lift/carry, and/or move equipment weighing approximately 10 – 50 pounds.
Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Tools and Equipment Used*
- Equipment is specific to the program being taught
- First Aid Supplies
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF WORK:
- Must work well with others
- Must communicate well with others
- Inside and outside work with exposure to the weather
- Noisy environment
No benefits are offered for this position.
Location: 2598 W Main Street,Sun Prairie,WI, Sun Prairie, WI
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: $10.00 – $20.00 per hour
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Recreation+Program+Instructor&c=City+of+Sun+Prairie&l=Sun+Prairie%2C+WI&jk=5a4d96e025a90145&rtk=1fs97nck6npnm800&from=rss→