Preschool Music Specialist – Preschool of the Arts – Madison, WI
Preschool of the Arts
From $17 an hour
Full Job Description
- A Music Specialist is responsible for preparing and executing a developmentally appropriate music program influenced by the Reggio Emilia philosophy as well as incorporating musical influences from multiple approaches and genres.
- Establish and maintain a safe and enriching learning environment.
- Plan and execute developmentally appropriate music, movement and sound explorations, influenced by the Reggio Emilia philosophy. Together with the Music Specialist team, provide music activities for all classrooms. Division of classroom assignments can be determined by the Specialists, but should be equitable between Specialists and between classrooms.
- Help children understand and carry out the rules of the classroom and the school. Develop logical and consistent rules for the music studio.
- Engage with children’s explorations and interest. Interactions should be warm and positive in order to establish trust and facilitate learning.
- Serve as a resource for classroom teachers and staff in regards to developmentally appropriate musical learning experiences.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and administration to establish a consistent schedule, and design curriculum around the needs and interests of the children. Classroom teachers as well as the leadership team should be considered a resource for ideas about how to support the children and for information on the interests of the classrooms.
- Communicate regularly with classroom teachers to determine how to best facilitate musical connections with the children’s interests and classroom learning. The Music Specialist will develop plans as well as documentation that will be used to study the children and determine how to best facilitate learning consistent with the culture and philosophy of PSA.
- Communicate with families reflecting on your work with children(documentation) to families on a regular basis. Documentation can come in many forms, and does not need to be done daily or weekly. Documentation can follow the natural progression of a project (for example, at the end of a longer project or collaboration).
- As schedule allows, cooperate in the preparation of school-wide events. These may be done in collaboration with the Art Specialists, other staff members, or independently.
- Keep the music studios clean and organized.
- Adhere to the music studio budget. When making purchases, turn in all receipts to the office either for reimbursement or credit card reconciliation.
- Full-time Specialists are required to be on site 40 hours per week. Arrive at school in time to prepare yourself and your classroom so you can begin working with the children at your appointed hour. Remain on the job until designated departure time. All faculty are required to attend monthly staff meetings as well as cluster meetings.
- Review and follow all licensing and accreditation standards. Review and follow all Preschool of the Arts policies, including COVID-19 policies, keeping up to date as they are modified.
- Experience facilitating music, movement and sound explorations with young children.
- Demonstrated appropriate interpersonal, communication and organization skills which have resulted in effective team memberships. Demonstrated respect towards other faculty and the ability to foster an environment of mutual trust and collaboration with all faculty.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Dedication to learning about, understanding, and implementing an anti-bias curriculum.
- Ability to perform physical movements with children, a range of fine and large motor dexterity, lifting, hearing and seeing.
- Spend time indoors and outdoors.
Why work for PSA?
- Our tight-knit, collaborative teaching staff will welcome you to our school.
- We offer a full benefits package (health insurance, PTO, 401(K) with match) available for all permanent employees who work 20 hours per week or more.
- We care about nurturing our teachers. We provide in-house professional development about our Reggio Emilia inspired practice, and we have a budget to pay for professional development so you can continue to learn about the ECE topics that interest you the most.
- We value teachers taking time off. All teachers get a paid break each day, and teachers are encouraged to use PTO. Holidays are paid, including winter and spring breaks. We allow teachers to take extended leaves of absence over the summer or as needed.
What kind of staff is PSA looking for?
- We value life long learning. We want staff who are excited to learn with the children and teachers at our school.
- Bring your creativity! Our staff is brimming with talented musicians and artists. We value collaboration in both our children and our staff.
- PSA embraces anti-bias curriculum. We want staff who reflect on their own bias and work to build a safe, respectful environment for all children.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Our COVID Task Force revises our policies often, following CDC and local Public Health guidance. There is a vaccine mandate for staff.
- Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 73%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Preschool+Music+Specialist&c=Preschool+of+the+Arts&l=Madison%2C+WI&jk=9b81a9c9945f0844&rtk=1futuug28ocb1800&from=rss→