Piano Instructor – Big Star Studios & Little Stars Preschool – Snoqualmie, WA
Big Star Studios & Little Stars Preschool
$30 – $45 an hour
Teaching: 1 year (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Piano Instructor Job Description
Part Time Position: Monday-Friday (days/hours vary) some weekends possible.
Reports to: Studio Owner and Creative Director of Big Star Studios.
Looking for a private piano teacher that is a creative individual who is not only an accomplished pianist but also enjoys working with children of all ages. Would LOVE to have vocal experience and bonus to have any other musical instrument experience!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan lessons based on students previous knowledge and learning goals.
- Help promote a love of music by teaching students about different composers and different genres and styles of music.
- Communicate with families about students progress.
- Prepare students for recital performances.
- Select appropriate materials to accomodate the planned lessons and be able to adjust instruction as necessary.
- Teach students to play with the correct techniques to help them learn to play without fatigue, pain or any injuries.
- Assess students regulary to assure students are learning and progressing.
- ·Teaching experience or preferably an BA in Music
- Piano Teacher skill set: piano playing ability, musical literacy, music theory knowledge, working with children, teaching skills, interpersonal skills
- · Ability to work as a team and maintain a positive work environment, support staff, enforce and follow Big Star Studios protocols and policies.
· Experience working with teachers and families from diverse backgrounds and experiences.’
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $30.00 – $45.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Teachers and students wear masks
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Snoqualmie, WA 98065: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location