Patient Care Technician Instructor – Acupuncture and Massage College – Miami, FL
Acupuncture and Massage College
$20 – $25 an hour
Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
English and Spanish (Preferred)
Certified Nurse Assistant License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
- Follows all relevant policies and procedures outlined in the Personnel and Faculty Manuals.
- Reviews and adjusts syllabi for assigned subjects and submits them in a timely fashion to obtain approval from Program Director or Academic Dean.
- Instructs students in the assigned subjects, following the class content written in the syllabi.
- Monitors that all students remain in compliance with school rules regarding conduct, dress code, classroom attendance, standards of progress, etc.
- Enters grades and attendance in Student Information Management System.
- Acts as a Clinical Resource in areas of expertise; conduct group conferences to help students or trainees to share and relate personal clinical experiences to patient care material taught in didactic training.
- Develop and present formal classroom instruction to learners by performing such activities as: readying needed teaching materials, operating audio-visual equipment, monitoring examinations, maintaining attendance and other records and similar tasks.
- Develop teaching tools to evaluate and measure patient care competency and skills.
- Will be responsible for researching content, developing presentations and lesson plans. Coordinating training dates and times to meet the educational needs of areas as assigned for clinical development, training and evaluation.
- Will prepare and conduct formal education programs adapting standard lesson plan content to the needs of the specific trainee group.
- Will evaluate learners’ proficiency in making application of classroom training in clinical practice and remediate on strengths and weaknesses.
- Will evaluate patient care competency and skills of the students in the programs and will ensure the proper use of lab equipment and technology is used in the patient care areas.
- Will determine if additional education and training is needed
- Will conduct demonstrations and will supervise clinical practice of selected technical procedures.
- Trained in Patient Care Technician and Certified Nurse Assistant
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- At least 2 years experience in teaching.
- At least 3 years experience as a CNA
- Current CNA or LPN
- Proven track record of successfully preparing students to earn the CAN certification.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- BLS/CPR · BLS/CPR
- Experience with Phlebotomy, Hemodialysis and EKG a Plus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid training
- Monday to Friday
All administrators, faculty, students, and patients are required to wear a mask while on campus. Temperature screenings conducted for all who come into the campus.
Common surfaces are sanitized regularly.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- English and Spanish (Preferred)
- Certified Nurse Assistant License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)