Partner Management Lead – Freemium Partnerships
At Spotify, we are reinventing the audio industry by changing how people experience and interact with music and podcasts. Our Freemium Partnerships team supports this mission by working with our partners to help drive acquisition and retention of subscribers through partner distribution channels and marketing. As the Partner Management Lead you will be responsible for managing the team tasked with launching and developing our key global and strategic partner portfolio. You will help us unlock the maximum potential of these relationships for Spotify, our Partners and ultimately our users.
What you’ll do
- In conjunction with our leadership and deal teams – build a strategic framework for leading our key partners and verticals to ensure we build deep and long term partnerships that drive maximum value for Spotify, our Partners and Users
- Lead a team of Strategic Partner Managers who will be tasked with completing these deals and strategic frameworks – the “single threaded owners” running the partner lifecycle post signing and through to renewal or termination
- You and the team will take a consultative approach with both our partners and internal stakeholders- using best practices and partner performance to create narratives to influence our partners to dream bigger; advise and influence the deals and deal strategy based on partner performance; and ensure internal stakeholders
- have the right data and context to properly support and advise our teams on overall strategy, specific deals and operational support
- You and your team will actively work with partners to influence their marketing plans and execution including analyzing marketing channels and target audiences as well as follow up post marketing campaigns metrics and appropriate optimization measures
- Work with our operations team to build out account management tools and workflows into our partner portal and process tools to allow this team to service a large and diverse set of partnerships
- Build deep relationships with key partners to improve our ability to influence and match our needs with theirs to grow the business, and can coach the team on doing that for their partners
- Own the approach for collecting quantitative and qualitative findings and use these to build out best practices and generate insights into our partnerships that will help us influence partners to improve execution and uncover new opportunities for growth
Who you are
- 8+ years of proven experience in strategic partner management, alliance management or account management
- Your background is in one or several of the following: management consulting, content distribution, media, telecom, and app based consumer services/products
- You have led small to medium sized teams in a distributed/remote environment
- Able to influence internal and external senior management and cross-functional stakeholders to drive positive outcomes for Spotify, Partners and our Users
- Knowledge about marketing channels, terminology, and important marketing metrics – and experience working closely with marketing teams to ensure we maximize partner marketing spend
- Willing to roll up your sleeves when needed, love for problem solving, and geared towards taking the initiative to get things done
- Strong analytical mentality – you know how to identify the right data and how to interpret it to build compelling cases to fix problems and grow the business
- Occasional travel to meet with teams and partners
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the
in which we have a work location * Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about about our work from anywhere options
. * Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.