Music Teacher – ST. LUKE SCHOOL – Shoreline, WA
ST. LUKE SCHOOL
$160 – $250 a day
Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
First Aid Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
St. Luke School is expanding and is enthusiastically seeking a Music Teacher to begin August 2022. This is a full-time position.
Tradition meets innovation at St. Luke School, where we honor our rich history and traditions, embrace the present, and continue always to move forward. Founded in 1957, St. Luke School serves students from age three through eighth grade. St. Luke Primary Years (PYP) and Middle Years (MYP) offer co-ed programs in Preschool through Grade 8, welcoming students from around the world. We have submitted our application to become an authorized International Baccalaureate World School delivering IB programming to all our students.
St. Luke Mission Statement: Through inquiry and reflection, we educate globally- minded citizens who live the love of Jesus. We are inquiring minds, hearts for Jesus, and hands for service.
Position Overview: duties & responsibilities
We are looking for a candidate who will join, with enthusiasm and creativity, a committed group of teachers and staff. We are proud to be in the first Catholic International Baccalaureate World School for both the Primary and Middle Years programs on the West Coast.
Specifically, the Music Teacher will:
· Teach both primary and some middle school students music courses following the Common Core and Archdiocesan Standards. Experience in differentiation, equity grading, and both vocal and instrumental performance would be helpful.
· Collaborate with members of the PYP and MYP staff and both IB PYP and MYP coordinators as teachers and administrators continue to build and refine programs and curriculum.
· Communicate effectively with parents informally as needed and formally through consistent recording of grades and comments in an electronic gradebook and in narrative reports during the marking periods each trimester.
· Participate actively in the life of a Catholic school, including attendance at inservices, special events, and some evening and weekend events throughout the academic year.
· Engage fully in professional development opportunities, and serving on committees, as called.
The PYP and MYP music teacher:
· Holds a BA or higher degree;
· Preferably, holds an MA degree;
· Holds a current WA State Teacher Certificate or is eligible for one;
· Has experience teaching at the primary and middle school level, and demonstrates ability to teach music courses that engage all learners;
· Has experience teaching music to multiple grades either in the public schools or, preferably, working in a Catholic or private school;
· Is familiar with the International Baccalaureate Primary and Middle Years Programme or desire to learn about and receive professional development training (provided by St. Luke school);
· Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Demonstrates enthusiasm for working with primary and middle school students, and familiarity with trends in education for this age group.
Salary and benefits
Compensation includes competitive benefits and salary commensurate with experience.
St. Luke School remains firmly committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. St Luke School is an equal opportunity employer following the employment guidelines of the Archdiocese of Seattle. Applicants of diverse and underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please complete an application in Applitrack and email a resume, cover letter, and 3-5 professional references, all in PDF format, to Rick Boyle, principal. Upon review of the application, candidates will be contacted for an interview at the school. Finalists will be asked to prepare a sample lesson, of their choice, to teach to PYP or MYP students. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $160.00 – $250.00 per day
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
We have implemented all CDC, WA State Department of Health, and King Co. recommendations with regards to in-person learning and Covid19. We have small class cohorts, masks wearing, frequent hand washing, & air purifiers.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 88%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Music+Teacher&c=ST.+LUKE+SCHOOL&l=Shoreline%2C+WA&jk=1e77d92839a4fa87&rtk=1g2m463aul1jr800&from=rss→