MUSIC DIRECTOR/BRAND TALENT – Woodward Communications – Appleton, WI
Full Job Description
95.9 KISS FM is accepting applications for a full-time Music Director and Brand Talent. Applicants need at least three years of professional announcing experience and a passion for the CHR music format. Knowledge of Adobe Audition, Music Master, and Audio Vault is a plus. The ability to relate to the 18-49 female is a must! This person will work closely with our programming, digital, and promotions teams.
- Implement musical presentation for radio stations as assigned by Brand Manager, research, and/or consultant(s).
- Contribute and maintain a positive image across all platforms, both in the local market and within the industry and be an example to staff.
- Schedule artist interviews for brand talent staff.
- Secure music product for promotional purposes.
- Execute a daily show while following WRGs branding strategies.
- Properly operate studio broadcast and production equipment and complete audio production as assigned.
- Actively participate in the Great Game of Business philosophies to ensure the success of the broadcast division.
- Daily music scheduling.
- Maintain and upgrade the music library.
- Specialty show scheduling/affidavits.
- On-air feature management/specialty weekends.
- Add an agreed upon amount of content to the station website by writing articles and/or creating audio/ video content.
- Ability to write website articles and make social media posts as assigned by the Brand Manager and Digital Content Coordinator
- Assist with budget planning.
- Back-up for the Brand Manager when on vacation or as needed.
- Prepare and audition appropriate music choices for Brand Managers approval to add to the station’s playlist during weekly music meetings.
- Preparation of station playlist, (including the implementation of songs) to appropriate rotations with the Brand Managers approval.
- To contribute and maintain a positive station image via verbal and written communication with industry representatives including record companies, artist management, trade publications, and radio peers.
- To perform all regular announcing duties including regular airshift and timely completion of commercial production to a degree of quality that matches that of the radio station.
- Monitor competitive stations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Behavior: Should be self-motivated, creative, observant, analytical. Trustworthy.
Shows commitment and loyalty to WRG and industry. Enjoys people. Maintains proper dress and appearance. Displays leadership qualities. Maintain a valid drivers license and adequate automobile insurance.**
Skills: Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to organize. Good listening skills. Ability to follow instructions.
Knowledge: High School education with specialized courses and at least three years of broadcasting experience in broadcast. Working knowledge of music scheduling software. Must possess a sincere appreciation and knowledge of formats music content. Thorough understanding of digital and social media platforms, including best practices and analytics.
Location: 2800 E College Avenue, Appleton, WI 54915
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Music+Director+Brand+Talent&c=Woodward+Communications&l=Appleton%2C+WI&jk=82a02e9328706ca2&rtk=1ftnlbbjb309i000&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)