Jr. Dialogue Editor/Sound Designer – Deck Nine Games – United States
Deck Nine Games
$45,000 – $60,000 a year
Full Job Description
Deck Nine Games is currently hiring a dual role Dialogue Editor/Sound Designer for an exciting new game. This is a hybrid position, as part of the job will require you to be on-site, but you could also work from home when not needed on-site. As Dialogue Editor you will own the dialogue process from capturing voiceover in motion capture and booth sessions to final implementation. The Dialogue Editor role will be your main role, but with any downtime between vocal sessions, processing, and implementation you will support the game as a sound designer creating awesome sounds and offering support to the SFX pipeline. The ideal junior-level candidate will have experience with digital audio, plugins and processing, a good understanding of interactive game audio, and a professional and courteous demeanor as you will be interfacing with outside actors and voiceover talent.
- Be present at all motion capture sessions and vocal booth sessions that will be recording dialogue pertaining to our game. You will help ensure that we are recording high quality voiceover, troubleshoot signal path or mic issues that come up, and be meticulous about keeping up-to-date spreadsheets from those sessions
- Edit voiceover using Reaper and other Deck Nine proprietary tools
- Use post-production plugins such as EQ, compression, noise reduction, and others to ensure smooth, quality recordings, taking out any unwanted room noise, mouth noise, or artifacts that may be in the recordings
- Implement dialogue using Wwise and other Deck Nine proprietary tools
- Work with the Audio Director and Motion Capture, Cinematics, and Design teams in the Dialogue Editing and Sound Design process
- Testing and debugging your work in builds of the game to make sure audio you implement is working as desired
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative environment that covers a wide range of people and departments
- Skilled in digital audio creation and editing – using DAW’s such as Reaper, Pro Tools, or equivalent
- Some experience in sound design, foley, and interactive audio implementation
- Experience with audio post production plugins for voice and sound design
- Wwise experience is a big plus
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys collaboration
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Professional, courteous, and helpful appearance and personality during mocap and voiceover sessions, as you’ll be interfacing with actors and voiceover talent
- Must be able to relocate to work the Denver/Boulder/Westminster area
PLEASE INCLUDE LINKS TO ANY OF YOUR SOUND DESIGN OR AUDIO WORK.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Generous Vacation Time and paid Parental Leave
- Health insurance for you and your family at a low cost to you
- Dental and Vision insurance for you and your family at NO cost to you
- Life and Disability benefits at NO cost to you
- Optional Flexible Spending Account (including Healthcare and Limited Purpose), Dependent Care Account, and Health Savings Account available
- Optional Supplemental Health and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with an Employer Match
- Growth opportunities for your career
Salary Range: $45,000-$60,000 DOE
**Please note that the compensation information is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
About Deck Nine
Here at Deck Nine Games our passion is storytelling games. We are an independent game developer dedicated to crafting AAA interactive story games that inspire, transform, and entertain players. In 2021 we released Life is Strange True Colors, which went on to win multiple awards for storytelling and visuals, including best storytelling for 2021 and a VGA for Games for Impact. Recently we announced that we are developing a game for the hit sci-fi Amazon series, The Expanse. Our prior titles have won multiple awards, including Game of the Year and nominations for VGA and BAFTA awards. The studio is 100+ amazing people both located in our headquarters in sunny Westminster, Colorado and spread throughout the world permanently remote.
As the crafters of stories that encompass the full breadth of life’s experiences, Deck Nine is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural team in which people from all walks of life feel inspired to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and believe deeply in the creativity and strength built from diversity of race, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, and the many other qualities that make us different.
If this sounds appealing to you, please apply now!
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Junior+Dialogue+Editor+Sound+Designer&c=Deck+Nine+Games&l=United+States&jk=9093a0840a210aea&rtk=1fs9bisolo1gi800&from=rss→