Instructor of Pharmacy Technician Program – Arizona College – Mesa, AZ
Full Job Description
Arizona College of Nursing is seeking an innovative, positive, and accomplished Instructor with demonstrated experience in Pharmacy. This position will be working at our Mesa, Arizona campus.
Why Should You Work with Us?
Arizona College of Nursing is a rapidly growing organization focused on providing students the opportunity to change their lives through education. Our high quality, academically challenging BSN program prepares students for in-demand nursing jobs in communities across the nation. Driving our growth is the desire to address the nations nursing shortage while providing students the opportunity to pursue their dreams and passion. With eleven campuses across six states, the college is poised to become one of the leading providers of nursing graduates to the healthcare workforce.
Our culture is built around a shared commitment to provide students the resources, education, and support they need to be successful. As a team, we continually embrace our core values and hold each other accountable for living them every day. These shared values are:
Passion: We love helping others succeed.
Excellence: We strive to be the best.
Adaptability: We learn, in part by trying new ideas.
Accountability: We own our results.
Integrity: We do the right thing
Under general supervision from the Program Director, the Instructor will perform a variety of routine duties. This position requires direct contact with students in instruction, training, and monitoring professional and academic development throughout their program. On average, Instructors teach three classes per day or evening shift. The Instructor provides a learning experience to in the classroom and in the lab using a variety of teaching methods such as lectures and demonstrations and using audiovisual and technological aids to supplement the presentations as well as evaluating their achievements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ as a Pharmacy Technician or Registered Pharmacist
- Hospital pharmacy experience with IV and compounding experience strongly preferred
- Must have Arizona State Board of Pharmacy license and national PTCB certification
- Must demonstrate the ability to teach from an established standardized curriculum
- Post-Secondary Instructor experience preferred
- Documented formal education/training in the field of study for which the program is preparing students to enter (formal education or training in a closely related field may be considered)
- Meet applicable accreditation, state and national faculty/instructor credential, certification and/or licensure standards associated with program areas overseen
- Working knowledge of instructional theory, basic education principles, practices and methodologies, the developmental process, competency-based curricula, and general classroom and lab practices
- Possesses good organizational skills, knowledge of record keeping procedures, including the ability to collect and organize data and information
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, including applicable computer operations and software, i.e., Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate levels of authority as well as creating an atmosphere of support and confidence for students
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and students
- Ability to work independently and to manage work assignments in a highly interpersonal contact environment
- Ability to deal effectively with stress caused by workload, deadlines, and situations as they occur
- Must be tactful, have good interpersonal skills and sound judgment
Light Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Visual Acuity: Position requires close visual acuity to perform activities (i.e. preparing/analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes).
Work Environment: Moderate noise.
Environmental Conditions: Typical office or administrative conditions (i.e. not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions).
What We Are Offering You:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development.
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Instructor+Pharmacy+Technician+Program&c=Arizona+College&l=Mesa%2C+AZ&jk=3c140fead9997d33&rtk=1fs9aml8do2hp800&from=rss→