Instructional Lead (Robotics, Yoga, Music Production, Coding, and more) – After-School All-Stars Puget Sound – Tukwila, WA
After-School All-Stars Puget Sound
$21 an hour
working with students: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Our youth are our future and they need you!
Do you have what it takes to be a mentor?
Let’s help kids re-engage, reconnect and discover their passion for learning! If you enjoy working with youth and are passionate about making a difference, join our diverse team today!
This is a part-time, flexible job that is perfect for recent college grads, part-time college students, retirees, and anyone who’s taking a gap year or seeking meaningful work.
We strongly encourage Black and Indigenous people, people from working class backgrounds, women, LGBTQ+ people, and other people of historically excluded identities to apply.
Growing diverse leadership is key to the success of our mission. If you feel passionate about having a positive impact on youth in our community, we want to hear from you!
Position: Instructional Lead (After-School Program)
Organization: After-School All-Stars Puget Sound
Program Locations: Kent, Renton & Tukwila, WA
Length of Role: 2021-2022 School Year (March-June); there may be an opportunity to extend employment through the summer and upcoming 2022-2023 school year, if interested
Work Hours: Monday-Thursday; hours vary per site but generally between 2:30-6:00pm (approx.16 hours per week)
After-School All-Stars (ASAS) is one of the leading national after-school program providers in the country. With a special focus on the middle school age group, our comprehensive school-based programs include Academic Readiness, Career Exploration, STEM, Wellness/Social Emotional Learning, and the Arts to help build the knowledge and skills children need to succeed, both in school and in life. Founded by Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1992, ASAS provides free, daily after-school programs to more than 80,000 youth in over 400 school sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. With the award of a national expansion grant, ASAS launched programs in the Puget Sound region during Fall 2016 and is currently in our sixth program year. ASAS Puget Sound serves approximately 600-800 students within three school districts—Kent and Tukwila School Districts.
WHAT WE NEED:
After-School All-Stars (ASAS) is currently seeking passionate and talented program Instructional Leads. Reporting to the Site Coordinator, Instructional Leads (also known as “Program Leaders”) are responsible for developing lesson plans for after school activities, managing classrooms, ensuring the safety of students, and facilitating daily implementation of each program. Programs may include, but are not limited to:
- Cooking & Nutrition
- Coding/Game Design
- Outdoor Education
- Digital Music Production
- Creative Arts
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Sports & Fitness
- Creative Writing
- Career Exploration
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Instructional Leads should embody ASAS’s mission to help students succeed in school and in life, and will demonstrate the ability to lead students to accomplish established objectives.
Health & Safety:
- Utilize and encourage use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and implement sanitizing protocols of school spaces (as instructed by the school district)
- Practice social distancing protocols established by school district
- Supervise and support students with academic tutoring and homework completion
- Document students that have completed their homework
Enrichment Program Activity Plans:
- Create and submit daily activity/lesson plans on a weekly basis, implementing ASAS or partner curriculum when applicable
- Design creative and intentional activities to promote student exploration and learning
- Model and promote ASAS principles through appropriate appearance, words, and actions
- Provide direct supervision to students in the program
- Use the ASAS approach of positive youth discipline to improve student accountability
- Maintain good order and discipline by ensuring school rules and policies are followed consistently
- Recruit and retain a minimum of 15-20 students in your activity/program
- Collaborate with the Site Coordinator and fellow Program Leaders to ensure that program activities are organized, exciting, thoughtful and relevant for youth
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with school staff, partners, students, and parents
- Create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful, and motivating environment
- Take attendance regularly at the start of every class (academic hour and enrichment hour)
- Maintain accurate attendance data and reports
- Submit required data on time and accurately
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
The successful candidate will have a familiarity with and passion for working with underserved youth, in addition to the following:
- Some college preferred (completed or in progress)
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with school district staff, program staff, parents, and community leaders
- Familiarity and experience with diverse populations and cultural competencies strongly desired
- Familiarity with basic computer software programs
ASAS is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website:
www.afterschoolallstars.org | www.ASASPugetSound.org
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $21.00 per hour
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
State mandate requires our staff to be vaccinated against Covid-19. Masks are required at all times for students and staff. Social distancing protocols are in place at all sites.
- How did you hear about this position?
- From the list provided, which two classes would you be interested in teaching?
Cooking & Nutrition
Digital Music Production
Sports & Fitness
- working with students: 1 year (Preferred)
- lesson planning: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Application response rate: 68%
Hiring 4 candidates for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Instructional+Lead&c=After-School+All-Stars+Puget+Sound&l=Tukwila%2C+WA&jk=328177ed298afa35&rtk=1ft4b8kqbnpnf800&from=rss→