General Music Teacher – Cottage Grove School – Monona Grove School District – Monona, WI
Monona Grove School District
Full Job Description
- Serve as a Music Teacher in support of all learners and co-plan to co-serve with teams of teachers in inclusive classroom settings.
- Apply principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) through multiple means of representation, engagement, and assessment supporting reciprocal learning strategies.
- Support proportional representation of all learners in all classrooms.
- Communicate proactively and effectively with other teachers and administrators.
- Collaborate with colleagues, including special education teachers, to provide a range of academic and social-emotional support to students in inclusive classroom settings.
- Collaborate with school improvement teams and align practice with the MGSD Equity Non-Negotiables.
- Establish effective rapport and build strong relationships with students.
- Develop positive relationships and engage in open reciprocal communication with parents and families.
- Attend work regularly.
- Passionate about student learning.
- Anti-bias, anti-racist educator.
- Proactive communicator and relationship builder.
- Reflective learner.
- Resilient, resourceful collaborator.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Employs anti-racist practices and principles to accomplish work.
- Understands the specific experiences of historically marginalized racial groups in the U.S., particularly Black, Indigenous, and Latinx groups.
- Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Experience related to serving individuals from historically marginalized and oppressed populations.
- Experience in establishing a safe and positive learning environment at the elementary level.
- Background training and experience in current teaching strategies in general music required.
- Piano experience preferred.
- Experience working with diverse learners and supportive of culturally responsive practices.
- Commitment to collaboration with colleagues at the building and district levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work positively and productively as an active member of a vibrant teaching team.
- General Music (1515)
Elementary School Teaching/Music – Vocal
Cottage Grove School
Monona Grove School District: Monona Grove School District has an opening for a 1.0 FTE General Music Teacher at Cottage Grove School for the 2022-23 School Year. Position begins approximately August 29, 2022.
The Monona Grove School District is seeking a qualified General Music Teacher.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For best consideration, please submit a complete application by March 18, 2022. Monona Grove School District is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from diverse, bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates. MGSD does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=General+Music+Teacher&c=Monona+Grove+School+District&l=Monona%2C+WI&jk=96359db39caf0683&rtk=1ft74ht0vo162800&from=rss→