Elementary Music Teacher – Mount Horeb Area School District – Mount Horeb, WI
Mount Horeb Area School District
US work authorization (Required)
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $39.8K – $50.4K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Mount Horeb, WI.
Full Job Description
OUR FUTURE: PREPARE. LEARN. LEAD.
Come work at Mount Horeb Area School District! We are currently seeking to hire a highly dedicated part-time (.5 FTE) Music Teacher at our Intermediate School working with students in grades 3 – 5. We strive to hire individuals who are determined to see all students succeed, inclusive in their practice, cognizant of their mindset, a champion of equity, and results-oriented. Applicants must be committed to continuous improvement and skilled at fostering mutually respectful relationships with students, parents, colleagues and community members. We look for individuals whose creativity, curiosity, enthusiasm and professionalism are contagious.
Applications should be submitted by July 1, 2022 for top consideration.
Applications submitted on Indeed will not be considered. To apply, please submit your complete application on WECAN at https://wecan.waspa.org/Employer/Vacancy/PublicCertified/3300. Please do not email application materials.
What Your Day Will Look Like:
As a Music Teacher at our Elementary level, the successful candidate will provide onsite, in-person instruction for our general music program for grades 3-5, developing and preparing lesson plans reflective of the district curriculum, integrating age and developmentally appropriate practices, and developing foundational skills in music. The majority of your day will involve providing music instruction and engaging and interacting with students to maximize their learning and potential. Additionally, you will be assessing and monitoring student progress, grading, using innovative and creative approaches for inclusive teaching to reach all students, providing a safe and respectful learning environment and communicating with students, families, colleagues and administrators. You’ll also have the opportunity to plan and implement all activities associated with coordinating concerts and performances that are woven throughout the year. Collaboration with your related arts team as a professional learning community and completing additional tasks as requested by administrators is key.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Holds or is eligible to obtain a valid Wisconsin Teaching License in General Music. An instrumental music license is a plus.
- Has an understanding of current teaching and learning strategies, specific to music and orchestra education and is adept at incorporating students’ current musical interests with music standards to engage learners.
- Is a passionate and engaging educator.
- Demonstrates ability to build positive, nurturing relationships with all learners.
- Is a leader in the effort to achieve an equitable learning experience for all students and is knowledgeable about culturally relevant curriculum and pedagogy.
- Is able to maintain a positive and safe learning environment.
- Is innovative in instructional practices and incorporates strategies to promote overall student well-being in addition to developing musical appreciation.
- Possess a collaborative and solution oriented mindsets.
- Is flexible and adaptable, especially during times of change.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, including ability to guide and supervise groups of students, maintain confidentiality, and work with students in a positive and motivational manner.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate music genres that celebrate and value diversity and broaden learning.
- Piano and orchestra proficiency required. Wind and/or percussion background would be beneficial.
- Effective public relations skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish) skills and abilities are a plus.
What We Offer:
Benefits include, short and long-term disability plans and ability to participate in a 403(b) plan.
The safety and well being of our staff, students and families are important, and we have implemented standard operating procedures throughout the district including guidelines around cleaning, hygiene, illness and protective measures.
Why People Stay:
Great relationships built on collaboration and communication shared by all staff members, students, and parents which makes for a successful team and all around cooperation/satisfaction. MHASD has a friendly and inviting atmosphere which allows for educational freedom and continuous professional development with room to grow within the school district. MHASD also has a regionally renowned music program that you would be a part of.
Who We Are:
We’re pleased to be nationally recognized for excellence in education. Mount Horeb Area School District is dedicated to high levels of achievement and skills through academically enhanced curriculum and priorities for the arts for our 2400+ students and families served. Our District’s mission, in partnership with the community, is dedicated to nurturing, educating and challenging our students; preparing and empowering them to be productive, responsible and self-fulfilled members of society. If you’re passionate and dedicated, Mount Horeb Area School District is an ideal place to make a difference every day and empower our students. Apply today!
The Mount Horeb Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the School District will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Part-time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 91%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Elementary+Music+Teacher&c=Mount+Horeb+Area+School+District&l=Mount+Horeb%2C+WI&jk=cde7c944fea27e10&rtk=1g5ou48f6m8qd800&from=rss→