Elementary Music Teacher – Great Northern School District – Spokane, WA
Great Northern School District
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $38.4K – $48.6K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Spokane, WA.
Full Job Description
Title: Great Northern Elementary School
Music Teacher – .1 (3.5 hours weekly) FTE Non-Continuing
Posting ID: 2022Music
Description: 3115 N. Spotted Road Mrs. Finley, Secretary
Spokane, WA 99224 509-747-7714
June 1, 2022
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
2022-2023 School Year
Great Northern Elementary School
0.1 FTE / One morning or afternoon, weekly
Provide a comprehensive music program for students and specifically provide instruction and services to meet the grade level music learning goals in grades Kindergarten through 6.
1. Implements district and building philosophies and goals as related to music instruction.
2. Implements board adopted curricular programs, state standards/required assessments and provide for individual learning needs of students.
3. Prepares course objectives and outline for course of study.
4. Uses a variety of methodology to present subject matter to class.
5. Evaluates pupil progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress. Provides for individual differences in the learning needs of students.
6. Assigns lessons, corrects work and homework as pertains to music instruction.
7. Organizes and orchestrates school music programs – twice yearly.
8. Maintains discipline in classroom.
9. Counsels pupils when adjustment and academic problems arise.
10. Discusses pupils’ educational attitudes and achievements with parents.
11. Interacts positively with students, professional associates, and patrons of the school district.
12. Coordinates class field trips as necessary.
13. Attends staff and parent/student meetings as required.
14. Assists in the evaluation of curricular programs and the selection and evaluation of instructional equipment and materials as requested and/or required.
15. Maintains appropriate student records.
16. Maintains and promotes own personal professional growth.
17. Performs other related duties as required.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Teaching Certificate
- Must favorably pass the Washington State Patrol/FBI background check.
- Recognizes all children as learners.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a 0.1 FTE / one afternoon or morning position beginning the 2022-2023 school year (August 31, 2022). Salary is based upon placement on the district salary schedule.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR A COMPLETE APPLICATION:
- Letter of Interest, which speaks specifically to your teaching abilities in elementary music education
- Completed Great Northern application packet (found on district website: www.gnsd.k12.wa.us)
- Copy of your current Washington State Teaching Certificate(s), Professional Permit(s), and appropriate endorsements
- If your Washington State teaching certificate is in the application process or your permit is pending, you can still be considered for positions
- 3-5 Letters of Recommendation (dated and current within the last 3 years)
a current Placement File (within the past 3 years) containing a minimum of three dated and current Letters of Recommendation
Great Northern School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
_ Brett Baum, Superintendent, Title IX Coordinator, Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator _
Lorie Mancinelli-Wilson , 504 Coordinator
3115 N. Spotted Road, Spokane, WA 99224 509-747-7714
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
All staff and students are required to wear masks when inside building. State COVID vaccine/exemption requirements are followed.
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 100%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Elementary+Music+Teacher&c=Great+Northern+School+District&l=Spokane%2C+WA&jk=94d46fa570419d0b&rtk=1ga2pt703g2r4800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)