DreamWorks Feature – Assistant Editor – NBCUniversal – Glendale, CA
- Maintain creative integrity of film throughout the production and post production processes
- Responsible for the correct presentation of all materials related to the film, eg story reels, workprints, previews, tape outputs, etc
- Oversee and participate in scratch, production, and ADR dialogue recording sessions
- Cut and/or oversee the cutting of temp SFX and Music for the story reel
- Responsible for creation of all tape and QuickTime outputs from Editorial
- Responsible for the import and editing of OMFs from Production
- Responsible for publishing all cut lists/EDLS and change notes to Production
- Primary point of contact with Technical Directors in production
- Monitor quality standards of all work done at audio houses and other post houses
- Spot final film with Sound Designer and Composer
- Acts as a creative liaison between Directors/Production and sound designer and mixers
- Attend all screenings, studio and preview, and working with Directors to incorporate changes resulting from those screenings
- Attend production meetings when possible
- Deliver an approved cut of the film in the required format to the sound and music departments on the handover date
- Must have intimate knowledge of AVID Media Composer
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Glendale, CA
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples – if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
- Proficiency with Photoshop is a plus
- Familiarity with FLIX is useful
- Animation editing experience is preferred
- Familiarity with Pro Tools for scratch recording is preferred
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix operating systems is preferred
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Dreamwork+Feature&c=NBCUniversal&l=Glendale%2C+CA&jk=bbce878be230e67f&rtk=1fs9biq5onpmg800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)