Choral Director – Kenosha Chamber Choir, Inc. – Kenosha, WI
Kenosha Chamber Choir, Inc.
Full Job Description
Kenosha Chamber Choir, Inc.
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR JOB POSTING
The Kenosha Chamber Choir, Inc. (KCC) is a non-profit organization that was established in 2012 with a mission to make quality music and share it with the Kenosha community area. Currently, the organization is seeking an Artistic Director who will be responsible for providing leadership in the area of choral music. This position will work closely with the Board of Directors. The Artistic Director should be committed to the development of an adult choir that is able to perform songs from a wide variety of musical styles and abilities. The choir season varies, but generally runs from September through to May.
COMMITMENT: 3 to 5 hours a week. Additional time could be required for other things such as extra concert opportunities, extra rehearsals, or special events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Years of equivalent experience will be considered.
- At least 2-3 years of experience directing adult musical assemblies is preferred, but not required.
- Proficient piano skills required.
- Proficient skills in reading and playing from open score.
- Ability to teach vocal techniques at all levels.
- Interest in teaching different musical styles.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach the music from the piano without a rehearsal accompanist is a plus, but not required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a choir and instill a sense of community.
- Direct the group at rehearsals and performances in order to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance dynamics, rhythm, and tempo.
- Plan concert series in conjunction with the Board of Directors and appropriate committees.
- Select soloists as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the music selection committee in choosing appropriate repertoire for the group.
- Coordinate the logistical and musical elements of concert performances in cooperation with the Board of Directors.
- Willingness to work with guest directors from within the group and the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: Per rehearsal and performance.
SUPERVISION: Not a supervision position.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $100.00 per week
We are following CDC guidelines in regards to mask wearing and social distancing as well as vaccinations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kenosha, WI 53140: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Choral+Director&c=Kenosha+Chamber+Choir&l=Kenosha%2C+WI&jk=5021ab73625ae148&rtk=1g3s3fodaisb6800&from=rss→