Broadcast Systems Support Engineer – Middle East Broadcasting Networks – Springfield, VA
Middle East Broadcasting Networks
$20 – $52 an hour
Full Job Description
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Broadcast Systems Support Engineer for our Broadcast Operations Team at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA.
The Broadcast Systems Support Engineer will support all broadcast systems end-to-end to include installation, integration, and configuration. The incumbent will troubleshoot systems in a 24/7/365 live news and studio production environment.
The Broadcast Systems Support Engineer will support IP based audio and video equipment and document quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures and reference materials as needed. The incumbent will provide technical support to end users as required.
Candidate is required to have:
- Four year technical degree (preferably electronics), or equivalent education/experience/training.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in radio and/or television, including troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of broadcast systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems.
- Ability to kneel and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to works on ladders and in confined spaces as required by tasks.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and an interest in developing new strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments effectively and solid organizational skills.
- Demonstrated overall understanding of the news and programming production process.
- A strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution.
- A commitment to excellence and to ongoing education in broadcast engineering and IT and to the mastery of their craft.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital and IP based television broadcast equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of VizRT Graphics system preferred.
- Previous experience or familiarity with the use of AutoCAD software is desirable.
- Arabic language skills and cultural knowledge are desirable.
- Knowledge of SMPTE based standards relating to IP Media Transport and Studio IP workflows are desirable.
- Knowledge of bonded cellular technology and systems is preferred.
MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN’s mission is to expand the spectrum of ideas, opinions, and perspectives available in the media of the Middle East and North Africa; provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information; and, accurately represent America, Americans, and American policies. Through its multimedia broadcasts, MBN seeks to inform, engage, and connect with the regions’ people in support of universal freedoms.
MBN is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $52.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all employees.
- One location
Work Location: One location