Audio, Visual and Streaming Technician
Marks & Spencer
As an Audio, Visual and Streaming Technician, you will be responsible for working independently or as part of a Team to deliver audio, visual, media and streaming services for our colleagues across the business!
You will act to understand the customer vision in advance of an event, craft technical solutions to achieve this, before implementing and operating this to a high standard from our studios or remote venues. Post the event you will provide high quality edited, recorded content for use in cascade communications across the business as well as maintaining our fixed and portable studio equipment to a high standard.
You will work with the wider product team to assess technical capability, find opportunities, recommend, prioritise and deliver improvements to our technical environment that improve customer and business value. You will measure and drive the success of our business events as well as reviewing delivery after each event, identifying and acting on areas for improvement.
You will be involved in supervising success measures, balancing short term goals with longer term objectives and support in making data driven decisions on whether to adjust and refine or shift. It is meaningful to develop strong working relationships with other members of the Product Management family and collaborate on cross-product team priorities.
You will demonstrate a strong interest of M&S as a business and a good understanding of our customer needs!
The best Audio, Visual and Streaming Technicians are hard-working in this area, passionate about using technology to delivering high quality events that add real business value. Being creative, detailed, able to work under significant pressure within tight timescales at all times of the day and in different locations while building trust, problem solving, showing great communication skills with a significant attention to detail, they deliver significant value for the business. Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Audio, Visual and Streaming Technician will deliver high quality technical services to our business partners to drive value from their large meetings and live events. The mission is to collaborate closely with colleagues across the business to craft and deliver desirable resilient solutions to improve the quality of the communication. More specifically, the role is the embodiment of ‘All in for the customer’ with key responsibilities as follows:
- Understanding the audience and desired output from a particular event
- Crafting and implementing a quality technical design for each event
- Operating all technical equipment to a high standard to deliver quality and on time business outcomes
- Manage/support the implementation of the new feature backlog
- Maintain equipment to high standards
- Own and maintain a database of media assets for and from productions
- Identify areas of opportunity for technical improvement and work with the product team to design and implement these
- Ensures measures of success are supervised and communicated
- Own/Support event readiness with clear communication collaborating closely with all parties to ensure success
- Supervise industry developments and suggest innovation opportunities for your product to ensure M&S is best in class
Key Experience – the ideal candidate will have
- Job knowledge – specialist skills, experiences, qualifications, specific systems or practices relevant to the role, the latest function specific knowledge
- Business knowledge – level of commercial awareness, economic, commercial, political experience, industry specific knowledge to differentiate M&S from competitors
- Problem solving – analytical skills, ability to advise, lead and deliver solutions that go beyond existing ways of doing things
- People & Leadership skills – communications, leadership and talent development skills.
- An understanding and interest in Audio, Visual and Streaming Technology and how this can meet customer needs.
- Ability to organise and prioritise collaboratively.
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Good communication skills with the ability to optimally connect with cross functional teams
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight timescales
- Experience of working a flexible 24×7 work pattern across multiple locations
- Understanding of Product health and performance
- Experience of the Retail sector
- Knowledge of Audio, Visual and Streaming Hardware and Software Tools including but not limed to professional microphones, cameras, vision mixers (software and hardware), streaming services and post production video editors
- Experience using vMix, Microsoft Teams and Davinci Resolve
- Familiarity with market trends and developments within the industry
Works closely with
Product Management, Engineering & Architecture, Technical Programme Management, and relevant partners
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-gb/job-4e1e416c58000601072249101d00024731451700071a49425c432f251a0a4e1b003501121b060922351d0d1a450b69484e0c0107441d410d6a370714104118483d16494353444e0d0e0025204500000f07040c411a69584113120914/72acafbb15a017792c193d24e1dddfd5.html?affid=ae5691469f0d1768c62823c63d58e765→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)