Audio Software Applications Engineer – Voice and Music, Cambridge, UK
Company: Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd
Job Area: Engineering Group, Engineering Group
Software Applications Engineering
Qualcomm offers flexible work options tailored to our employee’s needs. These include a combination of work from home and working in our Belfast office.
Where you will be working
Cambridge, located in the East of England, 50 miles north of London, is a unique and beautiful city, renowned for its world-class university and the thriving cluster of high technology businesses that have grown up around it. Cambridge is well served by road and rail links, and is within easy distance of the major London airports
At our Cambridge site we are focused on pioneering IoT and automotive technologies, with engineering areas of excellence including, Analogue and Digital Design, Voice and Music (Hardware, Software, OEM Support, Innovation).
Cambridge is our largest office in the UK, with more than 600 team members including engineers, business strategists and support staff.
Equal Opportunities & Equal Pay
We are an Equal Opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protected classification.
Employees in Cambridge have a strong sense of community. We are encouraged through the philanthropic endeavours of the Qualcomm Foundation to support causes that matter to us.
What’s on Offer
Apart from working in an open, relaxed and collaborative space, you will enjoy:
- Salary, stock and performance related bonus
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employee stock purchase scheme
- Matching pension scheme
- Education Assistance
- Relocation and immigration support
- Life, Medical, Income and Travel Insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Bicycle purchase scheme
- Employee run clubs, including, running, football, chess, badminton + many more
About the role
Customer facing hands on engineering role in a world leading fabless Semiconductor company developing high end multicore personal audio SoCs.
Work on challenging projects within a highly motivated, diverse and skilled team of Applications Engineers delivering world class support on our industry leading Bluetooth personal audio SoCs.
Engage directly with global Tier 1 customers and Qualcomm regional customer Engineers to accelerate customer project development through to commercial launch and beyond. Work at the cutting edge of personal audio development blending your audio DSP, embedded software and hardware skills to ensure that customers’ technical requirements are fulfilled, and their problems resolved.
Become a key contributing member of an R&D team shaping the future of personal audio. The role proactively enhances the customer experience by contributing to the continual improvement of Qualcomm’s SoCs, Application Development Kits (ADKs), customer facing tools and associated content.
What we would like to see
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable audio domain expertise
- relevant technical experience in a customer facing, problem solving based role
- Proficient in embedded C programming
- Significant experience with embedded systems debugging hardware and software using PC software tools and ancillary instrumentation
What would make you stand out
- Demonstrable understanding of underlying concepts of DSP theory
- Solid comprehension of specifications, software architecture implementations, source code control and configuration management
- Experience in a common scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Demonstrable ability to understand issues from system level down to detailed hardware and software components
- Exhibits a “can-do” attitude; Takes ownership of problems, works across multi-disciplined teams and drives fixes to conclusion
- Diagnostic and analytical skills with a limited amount of technical information
- Ability to think outside the box and devise creative workarounds in high pressure situations
- Makes technical, program and customer related decisions with little supervision where no obvious process is available
- Adapts to changing requirements and learns new skills as required by assigned tasks
- Dynamic and outgoing personality with proven customer facing skills and solid business acumen
- Hands-on experience of enterprise CRM systems (such as Salesforce)
Some of the exciting things you will be involved in
- Manage and resolve customer support requests
- Establish and maintain position as a main technical resource for key customers
- Act as a technical expert to colleagues in the audio domain
- Perform offline debugging of customer issues
- Take the lead on holding technical calls and live debug sessions with customers
- Develop tools, sample code and example applications for customers
- Host technical workshops for customers at Qualcomm sites
- Visit customer sites at a minimum agreed regular cadence, subject to travel restrictions
- Deliver real-time technical training to customers
- Perform offline reviews of customer designs
- Champion the customer in key internal meetings
- Foster strong relationships with and deliver technical support to Customer Engineering teams
- Contribute to and deliver new feature training to Customer Engineering teams
- Work closely with development team colleagues to drive key product issues through to resolution
- Be an early adopter of Engineering and Commercial software releases
- Proactively contribute to deliverable product content
- Develop and deliver product demos
- Attend industry conferences and exhibitions, subject to travel restrictions
- Support Marketing and Sales colleagues on key customer engagements
- Develop at least one Product or Technology speciality with audio domain focus
- Proactively contribute to continuing professional development of the team
- Stay up to date on relevant industry specifications
- Report weekly on operational topics, product issues, customer projects and customer experience feedback
Education: Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Information Systems
Work Experiences: 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
2+ years experience with debugging techniques.
2+ years Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
Skills: Android, Computer Software Programs, Embedded Device Drivers, Embedded Linux, Software Applications
*References to a particular number of years experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfill the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact .
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-gb/job-1a4e416c580006010739551001024e220b471d060c1658297c5d5d08060d4600490c06124e220b471d060c16580b6e424b10180f5511223007071a10045211482c1d4d42534848164f2f5210490c6a3201011157151a0c536f455a4443010a1c25355507010e4e220b471d060c16582a0c1e1b505f5b/5e36362650aac3d7589682d72ec509c4.html?affid=ae5691469f0d1768c62823c63d58e765→