Assistant Teacher – Music Specialist – Cascades Montessori Middle School – Bellingham, WA
Cascades Montessori Middle School
$18 – $20 an hour
Full Job Description
Cascades Montessori Middle School
Job Description 2022-23
Job Title: Assistant Teacher – Music Specialist
Estimated Start Date: August 22, 2022 End Date: June 9, 2023
Job Summary: This position assists with the facilitation of the cognitive, moral, and social development of those in their charge, through the recognition of individual children’s needs for optimal development and of the need to create intentional community. This position will also assist with classroom facilitation and implementation of curriculum in their area(s) of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Lead Teachers in the creation and administration of all classroom and school related matters.
- Participates in periodic classroom and staff evaluations that will be scheduled jointly with Lead Teacher.
- Participates in professional development activities and shares information with staff.
- Prepares goals and participates in yearly assessment program.
- Maintains a mature, professional relationship with the Board and staff, voicing concerns directly to the parties involved in a responsible manner and treating others with respect at all times.
- The school day begins at 9:05 a.m. and ends at 3:20 p.m. The Assistant Teacher’s schedule will be developed with Lead Teacher and will include, but is not limited to, multiple sessions of instruction per day, before school and/or after school planning meetings, after school events, field trips, and completion of other professional duties as assigned.
- The Assistant Teacher is responsible for the safety of the children placed in their charge until each child has been dismissed to a responsible adult. No child should ever be left unsupervised either inside or outside the classroom. Each faculty member’s main responsibility is to their students. They are expected to place the students’ interests first above other personal and professional considerations.
Curriculum and Classroom Responsibilities
- Plans, implements, and evaluates effective classroom instruction in the area(s) of their expertise.
- Attends all school gatherings as requested by the Lead Teacher, including but not limited to evening school events, field trips, and overnight school trips.
- Is responsible for the conduct of their own Montessori classroom, including the maintenance of discipline and a safe learning environment.
- Helps keep records of attendance, reports problems, and refers parents to the Lead Teacher and/or Board Chair as needed.
- Prepares a detailed accident report in the event of an accident or injury, documenting the detail of what took place.
- Helps prepare and maintain a clean, aesthetic classroom environment.
- Packs up and prepares the learning environment for summer storage before the position end date.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Strong skills, background, and extensive training in area of expertise, including the ability to play and instruct students in the theory and practice of one or more musical instruments
- A desire to be a part of a learning community and an ability to share knowledge with others
- Demonstrated ability to connect with students, staff and community members in a mutually respectful, supportive and accessible manner
- Possess strong group management skills
- Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for working with all children, regardless of background or ability
- Demonstrated compassion to cultural, developmental, religious, and ethnic diversity of students and community and a passion for equity and inclusion
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal form
- Ability to process information to make sound judgments and decisions
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Basic First Aid and CPR training preferred
- Performs activities requiring basic keyboard and computer work.
- Performs activities requiring operation of vehicles including taking children on field trips.
- Performs lifting/pushing objects weighing up to 40 pounds
- Other special physical demands may include the ability to administer First Aid and CPR.
Wage Range: $18-$20 per hour; dependent upon experience
Hours: 4-8 hours per day, 2-5 days per week
Pay is stated as an estimate only. Actual pay is agreed upon and confirmed only upon hire/job offer.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
All staff and students are required to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. At this time (June 2022), masks are optional.
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Assistant+Teacher&c=Cascades+Montessori+Middle+School&l=Bellingham%2C+WA&jk=9d7b4615093320bb&rtk=1g5jf1g5fltej800&from=rss→