Assistant Professor of Music – Head of Vocal Studies – Seattle Pacific University – Seattle Pacific University – Seattle, WA
Seattle Pacific University
Full Job Description
Posted On: Thu May 5 2022
- Manage adjunct voice instructors
- Audition and make private lesson instructor assignments for the students registered each quarter in private instruction
- Hear and evaluate all students in private voice instruction three times a year at performance juries. (A jury is a performance ‘exam’ where students are required to perform for memory with a pianist a certain number of songs based on their degree track.)
- Create and maintain all forms, rubrics, and procedures for voice performance juries and upper division juries
- Provide advising and support with regard to accompanist assignments in voice studios and interactions between voice faculty and students
- Assistance and support to other performance area colleagues in the planning and implementation of the concerto competition
- Monitor voice area pages on SPU department website
- Lead and organized search for new adjunct voice faculty as needed
Teaching and Advising
- Teach vocal studio private individual and other classes based on your strengths, interests, and/or department need
- Design all repertoire requirements and rubrics for MUS 2219/4219 Private Voice Instruction
- Organize and lead Studio Encounters, the bi-monthly performing class required for all voice students in private instruction
- Consult and assist on departmental policies related to staff and student piano accompanists
The successful candidate will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and service and a commitment to undergraduate education. The candidate should also possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
Doctorate in Music Performance, Education, or Conducting, or closely related field, from an accredited institution. ABD accepted.
Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
Names and contact information for three references
PDF file containing video links of candidate teaching/rehearsing/performing.
Position will remain open until filled.
Position: Assistant Professor of Music. This is a 0.5 FTE, nine-month, non-tenure-track position to begin on September 1, 2022.
Salary: Commensurate with Assistant Professor Rank. Opportunities are often available to participate in summer course offerings for additional compensation.
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Assistant+Professor+Music&c=Seattle+Pacific+University&l=Seattle%2C+WA&jk=69cf0e186f90edbf&rtk=1g2drs6m4pibj800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)