Assistant Professor of Music – Ensemble Director – Seattle Pacific University – Seattle Pacific University – Seattle, WA
Seattle Pacific University
Full Job Description
Posted On: Thu May 5 2022
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Lead, coordinate, and grow the SPU Wind Ensemble
- Teach undergraduate courses in music from a global perspective and other courses in areas of the music curriculum commensurate with abilities and programmatic needs. Our current needs are in music education, musicology, and ethnomusicology.
- Develop relationships with state and regional high school music teachers.
- Teach courses in pedagogy, repertoire, conducting, musicology, or ethnomusicology.
- Recruit students, and build rapport with regional band teachers.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in Music Education and/or musicology/ethnomusicology.
The successful candidate will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and service and a commitment to undergraduate education. The candidate should also possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.
Doctorate in Music Performance, Education, or Conducting, or closely related field, from an accredited institution. ABD accepted.
Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
Names and contact information for three references
PDF file containing video links of candidate teaching/rehearsing/performing.
Position will remain open until filled.
Position: Assistant Professor of Music. This is a 0.75 FTE, nine-month, non-tenure-track, one-year position to begin on September 1, 2022.
Salary: Commensurate with Assistant Professor Rank. Opportunities are often available to participate in summer course offerings for additional compensation.
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Assistant+Professor+Music&c=Seattle+Pacific+University&l=Seattle%2C+WA&jk=235fd8048cc14491&rtk=1g2drs6m4pibj800&from=rss→