VOCAL COACH – University of Wisconsin–Madison – Madison, WI
University of Wisconsin–Madison
Full Job Description
1. Co-teach Opera Workshop MUS 257
2. Studio Instruction of students enrolled in Opera Workshop
3. Coach pianists enrolled in Opera Workshop
4. Teach related courses as needed, such as Language Diction and/or Song Literature
5. Coach voice students on recital and audition repertoire each semester
6. Conduct regular office hours
1. Accompany undergraduate voice auditions
2. Provide accompaniment for School of Music events as requested
1. Attend Voice and Opera area meetings.
2. Attend monthly departmental meetings.
3. Participate in recruitment activities in support of the Voice and Opera area
University Opera Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate rehearsal pianists for fall and spring University Opera (mainstage) productions
2. Coach/prepare singers cast for fall and spring University Opera Productions
3. Play for rehearsals
4. Participate in University Opera auditions
- 5% Assists in developing techniques and/or model programs for carrying out instructional goals in disciplinary area and may help identify ways in which new techniques could be of assistance
- 10% Assesses learner performance and prepares reports recommending instructional improvements
- 5% Develops teaching techniques that enhance course effectiveness in alignment with desired outcomes and established strategy
- 50% Provides classroom, online and/or laboratory instruction, including grading
- 5% Supervises the day to day activities of work unit employees involved in instructional support as needed
- 10% Assists in defining the objectives of the program and plays a major role in carrying out program duties
- 5% Engages in outreach and recruitment activities, representing the university to prospective students.
- 10% Provides department or program related piano accompaniment
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background – people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
- Accomplished pianist and collaborative performer with professional level skills in operatic coaching
- Must be experienced in playing opera reductions
- Must possess a broad knowledge of operatic, musical theater, and art song repertoire.
- Must have significant language skills in English, Italian, French, and German.
UW-Madison continues to follow necessary health and safety protocols to protect our campus from COVID-19. All employees remain subject to the COVID-19 Workplace Safety Policy: https://policy.wisc.edu/library/UW-5086. Please visit https://covidresponse.wisc.edu for the most up-to-date information.
Full Time: 100%
Minimum $43,127 ACADEMIC (9 months)
Depending on Qualifications
For questions on the position, contact: Anne Brutosky, Department Administrator, email@example.com or (608) 263-4734
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advance notice.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the qualifications listed above.
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number
Teaching Faculty I(TL025)
A486000-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/MEADWITTER SCHOOL OF MUSIC
If you need to request an accommodation because of a disability, you can find information about how to make a request at the following website: https://employeedisabilities.wisc.edu/disability-accommodation-information-for-applicants/
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Vocal+Coach&c=University+of+Wisconsin%E2%80%93Madison&l=Madison%2C+WI&jk=61ee1dc5f1333605&rtk=1fs97nck6npnm800&from=rss→