Technical Producer FREELANCE POOL, BBC Audio Technical Production
has 650 editorial and technical staff who create and deliver more than 100 hours of original audio every day, including daily and weekly programmes about arts, science and current affairs as well as dramas and documentaries.
We are the key supplier of non-news content to our national radio networks, as well as to BBC Sounds and the BBC World Service, and our podcasts and radio programmes are heard around the world.
We produce , , and work with some of the biggest names in music, entertainment and journalism, so not only will you get to engage with an amazing variety of guests and talent, but you will also work with some of the best producers and sound designers at the BBC.
In addition to our incredible production base, we also have a team of dedicated and highly skilled sound engineers/designers whose role is to bring all of our content to life for audiences.
Are you the right candidate?
We are now seeking new talent to work on speech-based output within our with a particular emphasis on identifying people who have the experience, skills and ambition to help us deliver drama and factual speech-based content. As part of this team, you will not only be involved in creating audio for our well-established linear services, but also for the burgeoning online-first and podcast market.
Please note, we are seeking candidates with broad experience in a professional audio environment, so this is not an entry level role
We are looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Passion and drive to provide technical expertise at the highest level in support of our outstanding editorial content
- Enthusiasm, ideas and creativity coupled with good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a creative team alongside technical colleagues, actors, presenters and contributors
- Experience of working on a range of creative content with a storytelling focus, and of breathing life into narrative through the use of exciting and innovative sound design
- Significant experience of multi-source sound recording, session production and artist direction, as well post production using industry standard digital audio solutions
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of digital platforms and the opportunities for new ways of working afforded by online collaboration tools
- Commitment to improving diversity in the BBC and understand how individual differences can benefit the workplace and output.
See the full job description below for the full scope of duties.
If you already have a current staff contract with the BBC (continuing or fixed-term), you won’t be eligible to apply for this talent pool
All opportunities offered, as a result of appointment to this talent pool, will be on a Freelance PAYE basis.
Appointment to the Talent Pool will not entitle candidates to a permanent contract in the BBC, those will have to be applied for in the normal way, and neither does it guarantee work. However, it may lead to consideration for broader freelance opportunities across BBC Audio.
Any work offered with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
About the Company
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-gb/job-4e4d416c580006010724520c0c140d130c4f1a6a28064e42520d7d16000a521745116a271c02004c15060a160a7b4f4249110c0b5576701107051b0411491b0649274f48554344070e0225204500000f0704044c54291c1743443c1819/ed3704b007c4b3e61b52e7487df81efd.html?affid=ae5691469f0d1768c62823c63d58e765→