Teacher of Music (Parental Leave)
Bishop Justus Church of England School
Contract: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract (Parental Leave)
Bishop Justus is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher of Music, who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from experienced teachers or ambitious newcomers. Experience teaching music GCSE and A-level is essential, experience teaching Music Technology is desirable.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent teacher of Music;
- Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
- Be enthusiastic and open to innovation;
- Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
- Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
- Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch and after-school clubs;
- Be committed to continuing professional learning;
- Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
- Hold a good honours degree along with fully qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
- A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
- A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
- A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
- A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
- A school in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit prior to application.
Deadline for applications: 9th March 2022
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)