Summer Music & Sound Instructors/Teachers Assistant – DigiPen Academy K-12 – Redmond, WA
DigiPen Academy K-12
$16 – $22 an hour
Full Job Description
DigiPen Academy is hiring for Summer Programs!
DigiPen Academy’s Summer Workshops offer exciting — experiences for students of all ages to learn, create and collaborate on hands-on projects in video game programming, art and animation, game design, engineering, and music and sound design.
We are looking for lead teachers, teaching assistants, and program support staff to represent DigiPen, oversee student engagement in learning, and provide a positive learning experience. We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible, eager to learn, and professional candidates who enjoy working with kids.
Before you apply, please review the following information:
- Summer Workshops Training: Beginning of June 2022, schedule TBA
- When applying for summer work, you must be available from early June– to mid-August, 2022
- Hours fall between 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., but schedules may vary depending on the position (40 hours max)
- Teach or assist in the instruction of DigiPen approved curriculum and classroom management
- Engage all students in active learning
- Maintain a safe, productive, friendly environment for all
- Represent DigiPen and communicate with parents, peers, administrators, and students quickly and effectively
- Assist the K-12 Team with student check-in and with operating the sign-in table in the lobby
- Manage daily lunchtime procedures, such as monitoring the flow of the lunch lines
- Help answer questions from students and parents
- Other duties as assigned
Music & Sound Design Experience in:
- Basic understanding of music theory
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with composing music and sound design
- Experience working with digital audio workstation software
- Record of completing assigned work on time and to scope
- Eagerness to grow and willing to learn new software
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to engage students and generate enthusiasm
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A service-oriented attitude
- Previous experience with K-12 students
- Has current CPR/first aid certification
- Leadership or presentation experience
- Previous teaching experience
- Experience planning and leading events, clubs, or group activities
- Strong attention to detail
$16 – $22 per hour based on position, location, and experience
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands:
- Some lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling
- Some stooping, kneeling, or crouching
- Significant fine finger dexterity
- Able to lift to 25 lbs.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and academic freedom are priorities of DigiPen Institute of Technology, as DigiPen endorses the goals of affirmative action and equal opportunity employment. The Institute’s intent is to hire the most qualified individuals for faculty and staff, attracting candidates from diverse backgrounds of race and ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, veteran status, nationality, culture, religion, and physical abilities. We are committed to broadening our candidate pool to include more diverse individuals and ensuring fairness in hiring by avoiding bias and determining criteria to judge all candidates prior to posting each new position.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $16.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All staff is required to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be required. DigiPen is requiring the use of filter masks (N95, KN95, or KF94). In indoor common areas, you are welcome to wear a surgical mask.
Work Location: One location
Hiring 10+ candidates for this role
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)