Special/Music Teacher (Full Time) – Our Lady of the Assumption School – Beloit, WI
Our Lady of the Assumption School
$30,000 – $45,000 a year
Full Job Description
Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic School in Beloit and St. Mary’s Catholic School in Janesville is seeking a full-time Specials or Music Teacher to teach PK-8 students.
Do you have a Special skill or skill that you would like to teach? Maybe it’s music, band, theater, technology, coding, home economics, 3D Printing or other talent/skill that you could share? We’re looking for you!
Teachers help students build on the fundamentals taught in elementary school and prepare students for the more difficult curriculum they will face as they grow. OLA & St. Mary’s are a fantastic place to work with an amazing school culture. Check out some of our videos about why working in a Catholic School is so great:
Working in a Catholic School: https://youtu.be/jBNSxn2GOJ8
Here’s a virtual tour of OLA & St. Mary’s :
Here are several videos from parents talking about why they chose OLA: https://www.olabeloit.com/school/parenttestimonials.cfm
Have you checked out our Facebook page? It gives a lot of updates on what we’ve been doing!
OLA is a PK-8 school of approximately 150 students and St. Mary’s is approximately 90 students. The music teacher:
- Presents lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provides individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Creates and distribute educational content
- Keep grades, meet with parents, and share progress reports.
- Perform other functions the same as teachers, such as school and monitoring.
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
- The teacher create lesson plans and teach those plans to the entire class, individually to students or in small groups.
- The teacher tracks student progress and present the information to parents, create tests, create and reinforce classroom rules, work with school administration prepare students for a life beyond the classroom.
Qualified applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and a valid teaching license.
Applicants of the Catholic faith may be given preference.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Signing bonus
In-person teaching. Masks optional.
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Special+Music+Teacher&c=Our+Lady+of+the+Assumption+School&l=Beloit%2C+WI&jk=5ff16dd42cfef9ac&rtk=1g65281l2kmcl800&from=rss→