SIA – K-10th Grade Music Teacher – Spokane International Academy – Spokane, WA
Spokane International Academy
Full Job Description
Spokane International Academy is seeking a dynamic music teacher to assume a full-time position at SIA to teach general music and Middle/High school band. SIA teachers exhibit specific attributes that make them able to educate our students in a way that inspires them to become leaders equipped with the skills our community needs in the future by challenging them academically and in the development of their character.
SIA is a rigorous K-10th grade international school that empowers all students with the academic skills, essential habits for success and global competence necessary to complete advanced courses in high school and a college degree in order to become leaders who can powerfully transform their communities.
Spokane International Academy Teacher Essential Attributes:
- They are confident in teaching their subject and engaging each student in learning.
- SIA teachers know their subject well and know how to teach it.
- They seek to understand their learners and their educational needs.
- They strive to communicate a love of learning and to encourage students to engage actively in their own learning.
- They are responsible for themselves, responsive to and respectful of others.
- SIA teachers are highly professional in their approach to teaching and they are collaborative and supportive.
- They understand their actions will help shape future generations and they are concerned about the holistic development of every individual they teach.
- They are reflective as learners themselves, constantly developing their practice.
- SIA Teachers are themselves learners, seeking to build on and develop their knowledge and skills through a virtuous circle of reflection on practice – involving research, evaluation and adaptation.
- They support students to become independent and reflective learners.
- They are innovative and equipped for new and future challenges.
- SIA Teachers are creative, experimenting with new ideas and pursuing an inquiring approach in their teaching.
- They are open to new challenges, being resourceful, imaginative and flexible.
- They are always ready to learn and apply new skills and techniques.
- They are engaged intellectually, professionally and socially, ready to make a difference.
- SIA teachers are passionate about learning within and beyond the classroom, sharing their knowledge and skills with teachers in the wider educational community.
- Bachelors degree in education
- Valid WA state teaching certificate
- Excellent communicator, able to articulate the vision and strategic mission of the school and work collaboratively with families, teachers, administration and board of directors
- Demonstrated teaching experience working with students from diverse backgrounds including varying socioeconomic, cultural, and linguistic
- Demonstrated dynamic, positive qualities and personal characteristics necessary to build trust and effective working relationships with staff, parents, and students
- Experience that involves working to create a positive school culture
- Desire to develop, plan and oversee opportunities for students to participate in musical and dramatic presentations
- Desire to collaborate with teachers to support students’ understanding of different cultures around the world through music study
- Desire to help build a band program at SIA before, during, and after school
- Experience with working with a band program at the elementary or middle school level
- Passion for Spokane International Academy’s mission, matched with a strong work ethic
- Qualified teacher in music with ability and appropriate certification to teach Choir, band, orchestra, or a combination of all three
- Experience with leading, producing, or directing productions that showcase student talent and growth in music
- Ability to teach transdisciplinary, using Music as the foundation for teaching about world cultures
- Experience in charter schools and/or urban education
- Ability to communicate in a language(s) other than English
Spokane International Academy will invite select candidates for interviews. Interviews will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment verification and hiring process.
Spokane International Academy does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of age, sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights, Title IX, and Section 504 Coordinator: Jacqueline Pariseau, 509-209-8730, firstname.lastname@example.org; Address: 777 E Magnesium Rd. Spokane, WA 99208
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Sia&c=Spokane+International+Academy&l=Spokane%2C+WA&jk=bc2df20cca45a7fa&rtk=1g273lpiio1dj800&from=rss→