Senior Sound Designer – HI-REZ STUDIOS – Remote
Full Job Description
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Senior Sound Designer to join our new studio Alacrity Arthouse and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
In the Alacrity Arthouse Studio, we support all of Hi-Rez’ game projects with a wide range of art pipeline and creative services starting with direct game art and tech art production and pipeline consultation, but also including cinematics, audio design, and outsourcing support. Alacrity Arthouse is a branch of Hi-Rez Studios dedicated to bring great art solutions to Hi-Rez and other game development studios.
Come join the creators of the critically acclaimed games SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Senior Sound Designers do:
- Sound design high quality audio assets.
- Implement audio in both Wwise and UE4.
- Work with Audio Lead to establish a strong audio vision and direction for the game that holistically and sonically matches with other games in the Hi-Rez franchise.
- Work with Audio Programmer and Technical Sound Designer to innovate and explore new audio features, system design, and implementation processes for the game.
- Interface with producers, leads, and team members to coordinate audio needs and asset lists.
- Mentor other sound designers on the team.
- Build relationships and supervise external sound designers and composers.
- Lead VO sessions and establish a pipeline for handling post production of VO assets.
- Field record new audio assets and sound effects.
- Edit, mix, and master music.
- Play the game regularly and continually identify opportunities to improve audio quality.
Who we are looking for:
- A self-motivated individual who works well when left on his/her own and can come up with results that increase the quality of the audio and efficiency of the pipelines.
- 5+ years of experience in audio for AAA games.
- Shipped 2+ games in a senior audio role.
- Exceptional sound design and implementation skills.
- Ability to work quickly and go through iterations with the Audio Lead.
- Ability to work well with feedback, both receiving as well as providing it.
- Expertise with Wwise.
- Expertise with Unreal Engine, the more experience with Unreal, the better!
- Familiarity with Unreal Blueprints.
- Expertise with Field Recording.
- Experience working on shooters a plus.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Sound+Designer&c=HI-REZ+STUDIOS&l=Remote&jk=b2f3ea0bd38722d7&rtk=1fs9bj3ifo23r800&from=rss→