Senior Sound Designer – Cloud Imperium Games – Manchester
Cloud Imperium Games
Senior Sound Designer
Cloud Imperium Games are looking for a Senior Sound Designer to join the audio team working in-house at our studio in Wilmslow, UK. As part of the team you will record, design and implement audio for our Star Citizen and Squadron 42 games in a cooperative cross disciplinary environment.
You will need strong technical knowledge of Wwise middleware and a wealth of industry experience with at least three AAA titles under your belt. The successful applicant will be required to adapt and adjust to different development tools, as we’re constantly developing new audio tech. Our project is extremely complex in nature so you will be expected to contribute to the progress of systems and tools that allow nuanced, articulate sound to bring life to our games via efficient workflow.
As a Senior Sound Designer, as well as the usual prerequisites of producing world class sound content and setting a high audio standard internally, you’ll also have some responsibility for mentoring and training juniors, and for defining and communicating how best to do what we do in CIG Audio.
In depth experience in working on MMO, FPS and Flight/Vehicle titles will prove useful, and a love of science fiction always helps!
Please apply with a demo-reel/portfolio.
- Work individually and with the team to achieve world class sound design and implementation in all areas of the project. (In-game and promotional linear material).
- Act as primary audio point person, liaising with game designers about their audio needs.
- Specify and design audio tools for our audio programming team. If you can talk their language(s), so much the better.
- Responsive to feedback from peers on the team. We should be able to criticise and constructively feedback on each other’s work.
- Innovative and adaptable; able to drive new audio features and develop methodologies for continuous improvement across the department.
- Collaborate on design approaches to the sound of the game, actively looking to assist others with your experience and knowledge.
- Keen to collaborate closely with members of the wider team to make Star Citizen and Squadron 42 the best experience possible.
- Liaising with world class outsource resources – we get the best to help us, and you need to be able to talk with them to obtain the materials we need to ensure standards are met.
- Some music and dialogue implementation may be required.
- Help to outline, organise and run SFX recording sessions.
- 5+ years in the industry.
- Shipped at least 3+ AAA Titles.
- Solid experience in audio tools such as Reaper, Pro Tools, Soundforge and Izotope RX.
- Working knowledge of audio middleware and/or proprietary tech – e.g. Audiokinetic Wwise
- Working knowledge of game engines – e.g. CryEngine, Lumberyard, Unity and Unreal.
- Working knowledge general game tools – e.g. source control tools (Perforce ideally)
- Proven experience in using game engines to implement and work with audio.
- A genuine passion for games and be invested in the latest developments within game audio.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of aspects of audio and achieve great results.
- Understanding of engineering VS creative trade-offs in game audio
- Be open and responsive to creative, critical and constructive feedback from peers.
- A show-reel of relevant game-centric audio work.
Experience with music composition, editorial and implementation.
Experience with the likes of Max MSP/PD, Kyma, similar non-linear audio software.
This is not a Junior position, so please only apply if you feel you meet the senior criteria.
This is not a music composer position. Although some music composition skills can be beneficial, we outsource most of our music requirements to our long-term and dedicated music composer vendors.
Please ensure your demo reel effectively displays your game-centric sound design as well as your linear sound design skills.
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
Covid-19 Hiring Update
During the pandemic we transitioned to a temporary work-from-home model. We are now working through a gradual return to office plan as improvements of the COVID-19 situation will allow. We’re continuing to interview and hire during this time and while Cloud Imperium is overall an in-office operating company, some roles will start out remotely and others will be in-office from day one of employment. As a general policy, we have a Flexitime policy arrangement that allows for some remote working if and when it meets the needs of the role and the company. The details can be discussed during the interview stage. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you. Also, we follow mask requirements as they keep being updated per local regulations when in studio and we’re also requiring full vaccination in order to work in studio.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://uk.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Sound+Designer&c=Cloud+Imperium+Games&l=Manchester&jk=de582415cb50433a&rtk=1fs9c5snls7bh800&from=rss→