Senior Digital Marketing Executive, Audio
Penguin Books Limited
Are you a digital marketer with experience in running, optimising and reporting on social media advertising campaigns on self-service platforms?
Are you glued to your headphones, always immersed in the latest podcast or audiobook?
Penguin Random House Audio is the UK’s leading audiobook publisher, and we are dedicated to publishing the best audiobooks on the market and finding new listeners for our authors. We are proud to publish unique and world-renowned authors from Barack Obama’s astounding memoir, to Avni Doshni’s Booker-shortlisted Burnt Sugar and Stephen Fry’s Troy.
Our award-winning Campaigns team is looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Executive to provide specialist digital marketing expertise, driving online discovery and sales of our audiobooks.
At Penguin Random House, we’re in a unique position as a publisher with recognisable consumer brands, lots of audience interest in our products and opportunities to build even bigger audiences and target them. It is a really exciting time to join our company and this newly created role, reporting to our Senior Campaigns Manager, has scope to shape Penguin Random House Audio’s digital marketing and data and insight strategies.
- Identify, plan and implement small budget digital advertising (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) that engages audiences and drives sales of our bestselling frontlist audiobooks, demonstrating ROI
- Analyse all investment and share findings and implications with the Audio campaigns team, wider Audio team and relevant publishing houses in easy-to-understand, accessible language
- Proactively test and learn new tools, tactics and platforms, analysing campaign performance
- Lead the relationship with and represent Audio to the central digital marketing team and build relationships with key media platforms (eg Facebook, TikTok)
- Manage relationships with two publishing houses at Penguin Random House, identifying ways to integrate audiobooks into their campaigns, and opportunities to run our own digital advertising
Please note, this role does not involve day-to-day management of social media channels or organic content.
- You’ll have prior experience planning, running and optimising self-service ad campaigns
- Demonstrable copywriting skills and creative eye to test multiple design and copy options are a must
- Skilled at managing a fast-paced and varied workload, prioritising where needed
- You’ll be a self-starter who relishes being an integral part of a small team and is ready for a challenge to build from the ground up
- You’ll be strategic and commercially minded with a focus on finding solutions to get the best results
You don’t need prior experience in the publishing industry. You may work for a similar media brand or within a digital marketing agency environment and be excited about a future working with audiobooks to take their success to new heights.
The role is based in our Embassy Gardens office in London, but there can be flexiblity around where you work. We are currently working remotely.
If this sounds like your next role, we want to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and cover letter addressed to Helena Sheffield by 11:59pm on Wednesday 9th March 2022.
What you can expect from us:
Salary: Up to £33,000 dependent on how your skills and experience align to the role, plus bonus and benefits.
Our employees are the heart of our business. We have a range of benefits to reflect our commitment to our employees, some of which are:
- 25 days paid holiday entitlement in year one (plus bank holidays), increasing a day each year up to 30 days
- Medical cover
- Life assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Generous pension scheme
- Summer working hours (role dependent)
- Volunteering policy and charity matching
- Employee Assistance programme
- Mentoring programme
- Extended gender neutral parental leave
- 60% Discount on Company books
- Each site has trained mental health first aiders
- We plant a tree for every new employee to our business
Our creativity is inspired by different perspectives, so we want our culture to be one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated.
As a Disability Confident Committed organisation, we’re part of the offer an interview scheme. This is where disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the role can opt in to get to the next recruitment stage. There may be some situations where volume of applicants means we can’t take all eligible candidates to interview.
We want to make sure disabled applicants can be their best at each step of the recruitment journey. If you need adjustments during the application process, we encourage you to get in touch with us at . Remember, you only need to share what you are comfortable to for us to support your adjustment request.
Find out more about our approach here:
We partner with The Book Trade Charity, who provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here:
Please note, we are not able to accept agency CVs for this role. Any CVs sent speculatively will not be eligible for a fee.
Company: Penguin Books Limited
Country: United Kingdom
Postal Code: SW11 7BW
Job ID: 196021
To apply, please visit the following URL:http://jobviewtrack.com/en-gb/job-4913417e480a06015554640a0f081a06090039091b184f5f54434a442a164217551701170b65214913011d12460b704c5f0f0a1a4e1a47432d190b0410541d1e0c71794e534442164f2346064b061c08000045650c0d0a065e424b482f370a004e1b52432c08090e11411848241258405859440a086c631d470a1c000247284106030c0743455a2c1c565657134d/9f39e98cfcb9b38ee8bb954453d598f6.html?affid=ae5691469f0d1768c62823c63d58e765→