Part-time Visiting Instructor – Director of Choirs at Beloit College – Beloit College – Beloit, WI
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $66.5K – $84.1K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Beloit, WI.
Full Job Description
Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct one non-auditioned student/faculty/staff community choir (rehearses once a week) and one student auditioned choir (rehearses twice a week) resulting in two concerts per semester. Each choir is credit-bearing for students. Each choir performs at least once per semester.
- Connect with students in ways that encourage their participation in the choral program.
- Audition students for chamber singers
- Collaborate with a college accompanist.
- Provide office hours.
- Work with the music department to promote concerts.
Credentials and Experience:
Master’s degree in choral conducting and two years of experience directing a community or college choir or Bachelor’s degree and four years experience directing a community or college choir.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to program skill-appropriate concerts for both choirs and select repertoire that represents the diversity of our student body.
- Capacity to recruit and maintain singers from both current student and attract prospective student populations.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to contribute to a work environment that is welcoming to people from a diverse variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines and to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Appreciation for the liberal arts and experience working with non-music majors or amateur singers.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom,international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, a CV, and the names of three references to the link below.
For questions about the position contact the chair of the department, Daniel Barolsky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Begin Your Application
Job Type: Part-time
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Part+Time+Visiting+Instructor&c=Beloit+College&l=Beloit%2C+WI&jk=74d6483193e4a482&rtk=1g98gpodj296b000&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)