Music Production & Audio Engineering Instructor – Point Blank Music School – Los Angeles, CA
Point Blank Music School
From $30 an hour
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Music Production & Audio Engineering Music Instructor
Point Blank Music School (Los Angeles) is looking for skillful audio engineers and music producers to expand our faculty roster in key subject areas including audio engineering, music production, mixing, mastering, and sound design. Expert-level users of Avid Pro Tools HD, Apple Logic Pro X, and Ableton Live 11 Suite are preferred, especially engineers who work fluently in all DAWs. Review the job description below.
JOB DESCRIPTION: MUSIC PRODUCTION & AUDIO ENGINEERING INSTRUCTOR
Position Summary: Instructors at Point Blank Music School educate students effectively to prepare them for success in the music industry. They teach classes following the curriculum and guidelines presented in Point Blank’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). They prioritize the student experience and implement established policies designed to provide excellent music instruction, ensuring the institution achieves its mission.
Position Type: Quarterly part-time assignments as needed; opportunity for a consistent part-time position.
Reports to: Chief Academic Officer (CAO)
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare, and deliver class instruction in audio engineering and music production utilizing the prescribed VLE course curriculum
- Follow the VLE curriculum for instructor-led topics, student exercises, and project-based assignments
- Develop appropriate learning materials and resources to supplement lessons
- Participate in curriculum development by completing course evaluations
- Monitor student attendance and progress; assess student work and record grades
- Attend teacher training and professional development sessions
- Understand, implement, monitor, and fairly enforce all relevant institutional policies
- Understand the school’s mission and educational objectives and strive to attain them at all times
- Five (5) years of practical work experience as an audio engineer or music producer relevant to the subject area(s)
- Excellent oral and written communication and strong administrative/organizational skills
- Understanding of teaching methods: planning, delivery, assessment, and evaluation of student learning
- Bachelor’s degree in music, audio engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the postsecondary level, and/or willingness to undergo training
- Awareness of different learning strategies suitable for teaching students with a diverse range of abilities
- At least 18 years old, authorized to work in the U.S., and able to pass a background check
- Available to work flexible hours including days, nights, and weekends
Compensation: Rates begin at $30 per hour
Application Process: To apply for this job, please submit your resume along with a cover letter which specifically addresses each of the minimum and preferred qualifications via Indeed.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
- Tuition reimbursement
Masks required. Vaccination highly recommended.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Audio Engineering Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional Music Industry: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location