Music Director – Magnolia United Church of Christ – Seattle, WA
Magnolia United Church of Christ
$14,500 – $65,598 a year
Full Job Description
MAGNOLIA UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST, A PROGRESSIVE, OPEN AND AFFIRMING COMMUNITY OF FAITH
JOB DESCRIPTION-MUSIC DIRECTOR
- Direct and Perform music for worship on Sunday mornings and for special church events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan the choral music for all worship services in which the choir participates (including Christmas Eve, Maundy
Thursday, and occasional special services).
- Partner with the minister and organist/pianist to coordinate music selections for each worship service with the goal of integrating theme and mood.
- Perform vocal or other musical music for reflection selections in weekly services and lead the singing of the
Hymns for weekly worship services
- Participate in monthly Worship and Arts Team meetings.
- Conduct choir practices each Thursday evenings, typically September – June for 90 minutes.
- Conduct a choir practice 45 minutes prior to Sunday worship service and direct the choir
- Recruit and oversee additional vocalists/musicians/small groups in support of the overall music ministry of
MUCC (Both paid and church volunteers)
- Oversee: o Choir music library and database – update as new music is obtained o Music budget and Music memorial funds. o Setup and takedown for musical rehearsals and performances o Promotion and recruitment
- Degree in Music
- Previous experience directing a church choir
- Able to sing solo, plays music and / or one or more instruments (e.g. guitar)
- Appreciates working with a wide variety of singing abilities
- Ability to lead a wide variety of music styles (sacred, jazz, global, classical, gospel)
- Ability to work with a variety of team members in coordinating the musical component of services and programs
- Accountable to the Minister and the Coordinating Council
- Annual review of performance and salary conducted the Senior Pastor
- This is a salaried, part-time position (approximately 10 hours per week), no medical or dental benefits.
- $15,000 to $17,500 depending on experience
- Start Date 9/1/2022
- 2 Sundays Off per year
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14,500.00 – $65,598.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Seattle, WA 98199: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Choral Direction: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 1 day ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Music+Director&c=Magnolia+United+Church+of+Christ&l=Seattle%2C+WA&jk=5af5cad38e6c5549&rtk=1g2b646skm6ju800&from=rss→