Music Director – Calvary Lutheran Chapel – Madison, WI
Calvary Lutheran Chapel
Up to $20 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Music Director will:
- be responsible for all aspects of the chapel’s music ministry
- assist in development efforts, as is appropriate, to sustain the chapel’s overall ministry
QUALIFICATIONS: The Music Director will be:
- a spiritually mature Christian who openly and willingly strives to put Christ first in all aspects of life and who is an active communicant member in good standing of a Christian congregation*
- a team player with a positive attitude that sees opportunities and challenges rather than problems
- gifted in the areas of music, administration, leadership, and teaching
- creative and flexible
It is desirable that the Music Director will be in process toward a degree in music and/or have previous successful experience as a music director.
* Because Calvary Lutheran Chapel is a congregation of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS), certain positions demand extensive understanding of and commitment to the doctrinal view of the LCMS. For such situations it is necessary to seek out individuals with specific religious training and synodical recognition. To the extent allowed by State Law, Calvary may give preference in hiring of persons who are members in good standing of an LCMS congregation.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Music Director will:
- faithfully proclaim the Gospel by reflecting Christ in word and deed
- help the pastor plan, prepare, and lead worship services, as is appropriate
- identify, recruit, schedule, and oversee all other chapel musicians (vocal and instrumental)
- serve as the director of all chapel musical groups (e.g. choir, praise team, band, ensemble, etc.)
- be responsible for proper maintenance of all chapel musical instruments & audio/video system equipment
- organize and expand the chapel’s music library
- be responsible for the chapel’s full compliance with all applicable music copyright laws and regulations
- schedule, plan, prepare, and lead/oversee all chapel-sponsored concerts and other musical events
- schedule and oversee all other approved musical events at the chapel
- help create and implement a diversified and successful development strategy, as is appropriate, for the ongoing support of the chapel
- participate in approved continuing education and other training opportunities
- report regularly to the pastor*
- attend BOD/Staff Meetings
- perform other related tasks as assigned by the pastor*
* or, in lieu of a pastor, to/by the chapel’s Board of Spiritual Life
COMPENSATION: The Music Director’s salary/wage will be commensurate with experience and education based upon the South Wisconsin District’s annual compensation guidelines.
$75 Sunday Service -Includes any musical preparation for the service.
(Wednesday services in summer July-August)
$50 Wednesday Worship Service – Includes any musical preparation for the service.
$30 Weekly Rehearsal (1.5 hrs) with Calvary students
$15 Hourly wage for other tasks (up to 3 hrs/wk) for researching new music, meetings (Staff/BOD/BSL/Pastor), selecting music for services, communication with students, copyright reporting and other music related tasks assigned by the pastor.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: Up to $20.00 per hour
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 4 days ago
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Music+Director&c=Calvary+Lutheran+Chapel&l=Madison%2C+WI&jk=6e494f7f947a2c68&rtk=1fs97nck6npnm800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)