Music Director – Bellingham Covenant Church – Bellingham, WA
Bellingham Covenant Church
$25.30 an hour
Full Job Description
Director of Music Ministry at Bellingham Covenant Church
We are looking for a worship director to join our staff team at BCC. BCC is a vibrant, intergenerational community that is passionate about growing deeper in Christ and participating in God’s redemptive work in the world. The worship director will be involved in overseeing our music ministry. This includes organizing the worship team, working with the Lead Pastor to plan services, leading worship, and developing lay leaders and musicians.
This director should have experience in leading and administrating music ministry in a contemporary, intergenerational church setting. The worship style of
BCC is generally contemporary in style (worship team lead) but regularly in- corporates hymns into the worship life of the church.
Staff Category | Hours
Ministry Director – (10-12 Hours A Week)
- Availability Sunday mornings between 7:30am and 11:00 am re- quired
- Availability for extra worship services during important holidays re- quired (Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday etc.)
- Other consistent hours will be negotiated
Leadership strengths we are looking for:
1. Faith in Christ and commitment to ongoing spiritual growth
2. A heart for worship and love for music
3. Team player with the staff and Lead Team
4. Coach and team builder of worship team
5. Collaborative leadership style
6. Listens well and is responsive to the needs of worship team and congregation
7. Humble leader that seeks to point people to Christ in worship
8. Skilled musician (vocalist and either pianist or guitarist)
9. Contemporary worship team leader
1. Responsible to recruit, train, coach and support worship team members.
2. Recruit and lead a worship guidance team to meet quarterly to evaluate and plan worship ministry initiatives.
3. Oversee administrative tasks of the worship ministry of the church – scheduling of worship team members, communicating with worship team members regarding songs for Sunday, reviewing and transposing chord charts.
4. Facilitate worship team rehearsals on Sunday mornings before the service.
5. Lead the worship team regularly. Be the default worship leader if other leaders are unavailable.
6. Equip and support lay worship leaders to lead worship.
7. Meet weekly with Lead Pastor to pick out songs and plan Sunday morning service.
8. Work with Lead Pastor to track and oversee the music repertoire of the church and develop a process for discerning and implementing songs into worship services.
9. Be able to set up the sound system and set the stage for Sunday morn- ings.
Personal Care Areas from the Church
Personal and family
1. Support and encouragement in personal relationship with God
2. Support and encouragement in marriage/ family relationships
3. Support in maintaining a personal Sabbath and prayer
4. Participation in small group – for personal care for self and family
1. Opportunities for education/ training/ growth as a pastor/ leader
2. Continuing education opportunities
3. Access to spiritual direction through the PacNWC conference
Starting Wage – $25.30 per hour
Annual COLA wage increases
Ministry expense account
Paid vacation time (2 weeks for first 2 years, then 3 weeks a year)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.30 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bellingham, WA 98226: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application response rate: 100%
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Music+Director&c=Bellingham+Covenant+Church&l=Bellingham%2C+WA&jk=d72d9e98b242492b&rtk=1g538ml7sjr63800&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)