Music and/or Art Teacher (22/23 School Year) – Hope Christian Schools Prima – Milwaukee, WI
Hope Christian Schools Prima
Full Job Description
Under the direction of the Principal, the Music Teacher or Art Teacher will lead the instruction and training of scholars in his or her classroom and/or assigned grade level(s). The Lead Teacher will work closely with scholars, parents, and school administration to ensure that academic success and character development are achieved by all scholars in the classroom.
- Develop and implement daily instruction plans as part of the long-range educational and organizational goals
- Employ a variety of creative, differentiated, and research-based instructional strategies that ensure students are actively engaged in meaningful and rigorous learning experiences
- Conduct interim assessments, track student progress, and perform regular data analysis to determine student mastery and diagnose areas of misunderstanding
- Actively and professionally participate in all faculty and staff meetings, professional development, and events
- Teach, lead, or assist with educational or extracurricular activities outside of regular school hours
- Assist with scholar recruitment efforts as needed
- Live and act as a biblical role model and Open Sky Education representative in your life for our scholars, team members and community.
- Agree to comply at all times with our Code of Conduct and Statement of Faith.
- Agree to engage in the faith life of our scholars and in collaboration with other team members
- Perform other duties as requested or required
- Provide vigilant supervision for the physical safety and well-being of scholars while on campus or off-campus for school functions
- Build rapport with scholars, parents, and families
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including but not limited to: attendance, behavior, student achievement data, grades, progress reports, parent communication, text books, etc.
- Apply classroom management techniques and appropriate scholar corrections and disciplinary actions
- Assume responsibility for scholar success by holding all scholars accountable to school-wide behavioral expectations
- Recognize, celebrate and reward scholar achievement and character development
- Establish a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment where all scholars are invested in their academic excellence and character growth and can fulfill their potential
- Set measurable, ambitious, and attainable goals for the year and each interim assessment cycle
- Evaluate individual scholar academic progress through regular and varied assessments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- Valid Wisconsin teaching credential or willingness to attain one
- Minimum of 12 educational teaching credits required after 3 years
- At least 1-3 years of teaching experience, urban experience a plus
- Experience working with students and families in low income urban communities
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with school teaching platforms and technology for virtual learning
- Proven track record of student achievement results
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Music+or+Art+Teacher&c=Hope+Christian+Schools+Prima&l=Milwaukee%2C+WI&jk=1384983fdbb22b3b&rtk=1g5ou47kb2b2o000&from=rss→
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)