Middle School Music Teacher – United Community Center – Milwaukee, WI
United Community Center
Sign on Bonus: $1,500
Under the supervision of the Building Principal, the Music Instructor is responsible for teaching music education to middle school students. The instructor must plan, organize, teach and coordinate all musical activities involving the students. Through the whole class, small group, and individual lessons, the instructor will work to improve the students’ skills and knowledge while creating a classroom environment that allows for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve their learning objectives.
- Provides whole class, individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the music curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Plans and prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials
- Monitors and evaluates each pupil’s musical growth, performance, and musical understanding.
- Develops and implements plans to improve student performance.
- Communicates with parents and school staff on individual students’ progress.
- Takes care of the school’s instruments and equipment. Instructs students how to properly care for and use instruments, as well.
- Provides an environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings and activities.
- Maintains required records, meets deadlines, follows procedures, and attends staff meetings as well as agency events
- Work with other departments to include musical projects with ongoing special events.
Bachelor’s Degree in Music from a four-year college or university.
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction license certification in General Music.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Middle+School+Music+Teacher&c=United+Community+Center&l=Milwaukee%2C+WI&jk=9a557df5e5f3ca5d&rtk=1fs97nck6npnm800&from=rss→