Lecturer-Percussion Instructor and Music Theory – University of Wisconsin- Platteville – Platteville, WI
University of Wisconsin- Platteville
Full Job Description
Work type: Academic Staff – 9 Month Renewable
The Department of Performing and Visual Arts at UW-Platteville seeks to hire a full-time, nine-month academic staff position. Primary responsibilities would include managing all activities related to the percussion studio, including private lessons and percussion ensembles and serve as an instructor of upper-level Theory and Aural Skills courses. Other duties will be assigned based upon the candidate’s abilities and background.
Anticipated start date of August 2022.
- Manage percussion studio, including private lessons and percussion ensembles.
- Teach upper level Theory and Aural Skills courses.
- Teach music appreciation courses and other teaching responsibilities as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Master’s Degree in Percussion Performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Doctorate (ABD acceptable)
- Prior experience with college-level studio teaching
- Prior experience with college-level classroom teaching
- Evidence of proven recruiting success in maintaining a percussion studio will be considered.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, offers 47 baccalaureate and 10 master’s programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin’s largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Take a virtual tour of our campus!
Applications must be submitted through our online applicant portal, applications due by: July 14, 2022. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
- Letter of application addressing all required qualifications
- A current CV
- Contact information (name, telephone number, and email address) for 3 professional references.
- Additional documents as needed
- Do not submit recordings at this time-they will be requested at a later date.
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
Amy Udelhofen, email@example.com
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
Employment will require a criminal background check. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
Advertised: June 14, 2022 Central Daylight Time
Login to see the full job post and apply link. Register here for your free account.
Become a pro member to set up custom job alerts (daily/weekly/mothly)