Itinerant Elementary General Music/Band – Kent School District – Kent, WA
Kent School District
Full Job Description
This position is part of the KEA bargaining unit.
- Appropriate Washington State certification with a general music endorsement required and must be on file prior to beginning work.
- Major or minor in music education
- Master’s degree in music
- ELL endorsement
- Experience working with elementary school students
- Excellent technology skills and can use and incorporate computers/technology into curriculum
- Candidate must have the ability to maintain and continue a tradition of music excellence
- Candidate must have a proven commitment to an exemplary general music program, enthusiasm and skills necessary to maintain and continue to improve a high level music program
- Ability and willingness to recruit and encourage participation from students from diverse backgrounds and levels
- Must maintain positive learning environment and have ability to relate to all students, parents, and colleagues
- Must be a team player with excellent management and communication skills
- Must be willing to share professional skills with other staff members
- Must have experience with or willingness to participate in integrated programs and/or team teaching
- Knowledge and/or training in balanced literacy, whole language/integrated curriculum, differentiated instruction, assessment tools and techniques, EALRs, constructivist mathematics, inquiry based science and social studies, cooperative learning, student learning styles, positive discipline and multicultural education
- Ability to exhibit multicultural and ethnic understanding and sensitivity with the ability to communicate effectively with all cultural groups in the school community.
- Experience working with a diverse student population and the specific school demographics
- Desired teacher characteristics are: flexibility; ability to organize ideas, time and materials to accomplish goals; enthusiasm; ability to express ideas clearly and understand concepts being discussed; ability to learn new ideas and skills; ability and willingness to develop favorable relationships with students; knowledge of current approaches to teaching; and willingness to model behavior deemed appropriate by the school district and the community.
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Itinerant+Elementary+General+Music+Band&c=Kent+School+District&l=Kent%2C+WA&jk=c827f3c22464ed49&rtk=1fsrvlbk5o23r800&from=rss→